Posted June 18, 2014
|Offered By||The Mount Vernon Ladies Association - George Washington's Mount Vernon |
3200 Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, Virginia
|Name: Apply via website |
Historic Mount Vernon seeks a highly motivated historic preservation professional to fill the position of Architectural Conservator. This individual will manage the conservation of the historic structures at George Washington's Mount Vernon. This is a full-time, permanent, benefit eligible position. Please send resume and cover letter by July 11, 2014.
- Overseeing a comprehensive program of maintenance for more than 20 historic structures, directing conservation of historic building fabric and managing full and part-time staff as required.
- The Architectural Conservator works under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Architecture within Mount Vernon's Historic Preservation and Collections Department.
- Must hold a MA or MS degree in historic preservation, architectural history, or architecture, with course work in architectural conservation
- At least three years experience working in the historic preservation field
- Demonstrated familiarity with 18th-century building methods and materials, experience in their repair and replacement
- Proficiency in carpentry, painting, plastering and / or masonry is required
- Fluent in AutoCAD and experience with Revit / BIM is a plus
How to Apply
By July 11, 2014 please apply via our website: www.MountVernon.org/Employment/Open. Scroll to: Preservation (Department) Architectural Conservator (Position) and once on position description page, click on the grey button/tab that says "Apply for this position". Link: http://www.MountVernon.org/Employment/Open
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 110 Mount Vernon, VA 22121