Posted March 4, 2014
|Offered By||SEARCH |
|Name: Kristin Hilton |
Title: Director of Human Resources
Description: Southeastern Archaeological Research, Inc. (SEARCH) is seeking a full time Architectural Historian to support several general service contracts with private clients. This is a full time salaried position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Qualified candidates should possess a Master’s degree in Historic Preservation or a related field;
- 5-7 years of experience as an Architectural Historian in New England and surrounding areas;
- Superior technical writing ability;
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to work well on simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work and network independently, establish an independent book of business;
- Previous experience in cultural resource management, archaeology, and the preparation of deliverables for private and government clients;
- Ability to travel;
- Strong field and outdoors skill set and the ability to work in physically demanding environments;
- Experience in historical archaeology preferred;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Eligible for government security clearances.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Hearing: Able to hear normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Vision: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to conduct architectural inspections, conduct historical research, and prepare and inspect artifacts. Clear vision at 20 inches or less and distant vision at 20 feet or more.
- Physical Strength: Field work may require outdoor moderate to heavy physical labor, including archaeological excavation (Phase I, II and III)and walkover survey as much as 5-10 miles per day and often in extreme heat or cold. SEARCH
Summary: SEARCH is a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to Government and Commercial customers in the Defense, Energy, Transportation, and Development markets. As a full-service cultural resources company, SEARCH offers a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History, and Public Interpretation. Since 1993, SEARCH has conducted over 2,000 projects across 27 US States, 6 US Territories, and 16 countries in Oceana, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and the West Indies. Our staff of more than 80 professionals works from 14 offices nationwide, including Hawaii, Guam, and our 11,000-square-foot curation facility outside of Washington, DC. Federal and State agencies have selected SEARCH for 33 IDIQ contracts as Prime and 43 IDIQs as Team Member. We have supported each military service branch, 196 military installations, 13 USACE Districts, 11 NAVFACs, 8 state DOTs, 8 Federal agencies, and more than 50 energy projects. SEARCH specializes in major projects and complex undertakings, and we have steadily expanded our staff, offices, services, and client base over the last 20 years.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration for this temporary position, please forward a cover letter, resume, salary history, writing sample and three (3) professional references to Human Resources, HR@searchinc.com. Candidates who do not submit all the requested documents will not be considered. All inquires will be treated with discretion. SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing and a criminal background check are conducted upon hire. Go to searchinc.com for more information about SEARCH.