Posted December 5, 2014
|Offered By||The Public Archaeology Laboratory, Inc. (PAL) |
26 Main Street
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
|Salary||Exempt, Highly Competitive|
|Deadline||Open until filled|
|Name: Donna Callahan |
Title: Human Resources Manager
PAL, a leading cultural resource management (CRM) firm in the Northeast, has an immediate opening for an experienced Architectural Historian (AH) to join our multidisciplinary Historic Preservation Team. Demonstrated experience in conducting NHPA Section 106 projects and preparing National Register evaluations and nominations is required.
The AH will conduct and manage the technical aspects of historical research, field survey, and analysis to identify and evaluate aboveground historical resources. The AH will produce high-quality reports that meet standards established for various types of products and contribute to PAL’s reputation for providing our clients with outstanding CRM services.
Qualified candidates must have a graduate degree in Architectural History, History, Public History, Historic Preservation, at least five years of experience in CRM, and the following:
- outstanding historical research, synthesis, and technical writing skills
- exemplary digital photography and historic architecture identification skills
- demonstrated comprehension and experience applying Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and other laws and regulations relating to CRM and historic preservation planning
- the ability to produce materials that meet the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation and other federal and state review agencies’ standards and guidelines
- the ability to lead projects and supervise staff and contribute effectively as a team member
- schedule flexibility, including overnight travel with trips of varying lengths
How to Apply
Located in the greater Providence area, PAL offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. We seek motivated self-starters who wish to work on a diverse range of challenging projects and the organizational skills to handle multiple assignments. Salary for the position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please provide a letter of interest; resume; writing samples for which you served as the primary author; list of references; and salary requirements to Donna Callahan, Human Resources Manager, PAL, 26 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860 or at email@example.com. PAL is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.