Posted December 8, 2014
|Offered By||SEARCH, Inc |
315 NW 138th Terrace
|Salary||Full time salaried position|
|Name: Kristin Hilton |
Title: Director of Human Resources
SEARCH is a leading nationwide and global provider of cultural resources services to government and commercial customers in the Defense, Energy, Transportation, and Development markets. SEARCH is a full-service company, and we offer a multidisciplinary integration of our five divisions: Archaeology, Maritime Archaeology, Architectural History, History and Archives, and Heritage Design. Our professional staff works from 15 offices nationwide, including Hawai‘i, Guam, and our 11,000-square-foot curation facility outside Washington, DC. Since 1993, SEARCH has conducted over 2,500 projects across 27 US states, 6 US territories, and 16 countries in Oceania, Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and the West Indies. where in the world.
Position: Architectural Historian
Status: Full-time, Regular Office Location: Newberry or Pensacola, Florida
Description: SEARCH is seeking a full time Architectural Historian to support several general service contracts with our transportation clients. This is a salaried position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Qualified candidates should possess a Master’s degree in Historic Preservation or a related field;
- 5-7 years experience as an Architectural Historian;
- Superior technical writing ability;
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to work well on simultaneous tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work and network independently, establish an independent book of business, previous business development experience is preferable;
- Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act project experience;
- Contract management experience;
- Team management experience;
- Report review/editing experience;
- Previous experience in cultural resource management and the preparation of deliverables for private and government clients;
- Ability to write RFP's and develop independent budgets for projects;
- Ability to travel;
- Strong field and outdoors skill set and the ability to work in physically demanding environments;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Eligible for government security clearances.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration for this position, please forward a cover letter, resume, salary history, writing sample, and three (3) professional references to Human Resources, HR@searchinc.com. Candidates who do not submit all the requested documents will not be considered. All inquiries will be treated with discretion. SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug testing, DMV records and a criminal background check are conducted for all employees. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of the above screenings.