Posted July 15, 2015
|Offered By||Archaeological Consultants, Inc. (Sarasota office) |
8110 Blaikie Court, Suite A
|Salary||Competitive/Commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Name: Barbara Perry |
Title: Human Resources
Archaeological Consultants Inc. (ACI), a Florida-based full service cultural resource management firm is seeking a highly skilled, full-time architectural historian for our Sarasota office. Come spend the winters in sunny Florida!
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Conduct historic resources surveys and assessments, including site inspections, research, photography, and evaluation under National Register of Historic Places criteria
- Prepare State of Florida Historic Resources Inventory forms, Historic Resources Technical Reports and Context Statements
- Compile Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) documentation packages
- Coordinate with the Florida State Historic Preservation Office and other government agencies
Required Technical Skills
- Must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Qualifications for Architectural History (required in order to be considered)
- Experience in cultural resources project management with a working knowledge of federal and state cultural resource and historic preservation statutes and regulations
- Knowledge of the history of Florida and its architecture, a definite plus
- Demonstrated research and writing abilities
- Ability to use computer hardware, software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). GIS, a definite plus.
Other skills: Candidates should be detail-oriented, have a professional demeanor and strong organizational skills, and be able to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be able to work as a team member. Candidates must possess strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work closely with clients. Experience with survey and evaluation of historic bridges strongly desired.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have an MA or MS degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a closely related discipline (not anthropology or archaeology) with a minimum of three years of experience.
SALARY RANGE: ACI offers competitive salaries commensurate with individual qualifications and experience and a benefits package. Some overnight travel in Florida will be required.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources at ACI@ACIFlorida.com. No phone calls, please.