(MI) Associate Planner
Posted November 3, 2015
|Offered By||Oakland County, Michigan |
2100 Pontiac Lake Rd.
|Salary||$48,766.12 - $63,471.20|
|Name: Human Resources Department |
Associate Planner Oakland County Economic Development and Community Affairs is hiring an Associate Planner to provide conceptual architectural design and planning services in the, Historic Preservation, Downtown Revitalization and Environmental program areas. The position is part of a multidisciplinary team of planners, architects, and GIS specialists that provide services to Oakland County communities. Candidates should have training and/or experience in site design, architecture and/or landscape design skills; along with graphic design and presentation skills; and an understanding of GIS and local planning and zoning.
- site design, architecture and landscape design skills
- understanding of development patterns (urban, suburban, rural)
- graphic presentation skills
- public speaking skills
- understanding of GIS / mapping
- knowledge of planning and zoning
Under general supervision, prepares and implements specific sections of a planning project within the county or a specific community. Assists in the creation of a redevelopment work program for county urban commercial areas. Works closely with other county staff to deliver Main Street revitalization services to Oakland County communities. Provides on-site technical assistance to local community Main Street programs as assigned. Promotes the Main Street Oakland County program through media contacts, conferences and presentations. Prepares and presents project related information to local officials, business owners and residents. Attends trade shows and events focused on the commercial/retail urban redevelopment. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Urban Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or a related field; AND 2. Have had at least one (1) year of full-time progressively responsible work experience in city, county or regional planning, private consulting planning, downtown development, real estate development, economic development, or other closely related professional experience. NOTE: A Master's Degree in one of the above fields listed in number 1 above for each function may be substituted for the work experience listed in number 2 above for each function. 3. Possess a valid motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. 4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this class. 5. Successfully complete the six-month probationary period.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.oakgov.com/jobs