Posted December 13, 2013
|Offered By||Preservation Alliance of Minnesota |
75 West 5th Street, Suite 416
St. Paul, Minnesota
|Name: Doug Gasek |
Title: Executive Director
The Preservation Alliance of Minnesota (“PAM”) is seeking a fundraising professional for the position of Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for membership services, corporate sponsorship, foundation relations, special events, and grant writing. The Development Coordinator will have the opportunity to build awareness and partnerships that further PAM’s mission to preserve, protect, and promote Minnesota’s historic properties. The Development Coordinator will increase membership, maintain close contact with corporate donors, evaluate, refine, and create special events, and identify new foundation partners.
- Design, implement and manage all fundraising activities.
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivations, solicitation, and relations.
- Maintain contact with and develop grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
- Maintain relationships with current individual and corporate donors in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Grow PAM’s current special events structure; organize our annual gala, home tours, (Anti)wrecking ball, etc.
- Complete development board reports.
- Manage donor and gift record keeping.
- Manage pledge reminders and acknowledgement programs.
- Manage and maintain GiftWorks software to steward, support and track all cultivation and solicitation assignments/results of the Executive Director, board of directors, and Resource Development Committee.
- Supervise interns and 0-2 staff.
- Oversee the production of print materials, website content and social media.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of experience in successful development and communications experience including fundraising, event planning, marketing, and major gifts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to write clearly and effectively for a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to successfully network and to develop and maintain relationships with funders and partners.
- Proven ability to work creatively and effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Enjoy working in a small, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Event coordination and planning experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to establish priorities, work independently, effectively problem solve and proceed with objectives with limited supervision.
- General computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required. Familiarity with technology-based communication platforms such as WordPress, Facebook, and Twitter.
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to historic preservation and community development.
- Experience and knowledge of GiftWorks.
- Understanding of the preservation issues in Minnesota.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Doug Gasek at email@example.com or mail application materials to: Doug Gasek Executive Director 416 Landmark Center 75 West 5th Street St. Paul, MN 55102 All materials must be received by January 3, 2014 at 5pm.