Posted January 6, 2015
|Offered By||City of Bastrop, TX |
P.O. Box 427
|Name: Tanya Cantrell |
Title: Human Resources Director
The City of Bastrop is accepting applications for the position of a Bastrop Main Street Program Director with skills to build partnerships with various community groups to achieve consensus for economic growth and historic preservation in a unique downtown and to manage an ongoing team of over 50 volunteers toward City Manager and Advisory Board established goals. The Bastrop Main Street Program, in its first seven years, saw over $23 million in public and private reinvestment in downtown properties, with 63 net new businesses started and over 160 new jobs created. This successful program positions the community to grow as a destination and still retain its historical relevance in the state.
Working in collaboration with the appropriate officials and advisory bodies, the candidate is responsible for analysis, synthesis, development, coordination, and implementation of revitalization strategies and recommendations to achieve the City’s goals for economic development and historic preservation of the downtown business district.
The program Director
- Leads the economic revitalization and historic preservation efforts downtown
- Manages the tasks of over 50 volunteers
- Manages an annual operating budget of approximately $120,000
- Develops marketing/promotional activities and materials to support the program
- Candidate must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, collaborative, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
- Must be able to direct volunteers to accomplish goals set annually.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in the area of Business, Public Administration, Economic Development, Planning, or a related field and at least two years of experience working in a municipal Main Street or other economic development program.
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, City application, six (6) references, and salary requirements to Tanya Cantrell, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 427, Bastrop, Texas 78602, email@example.com or call (512) 332-8812 for more information. Position will remain open until filled. EOE