Posted April 24, 2015
|Offered By||Historic Valley Junction Foundation |
137 5th Street
West Des Moines, Iowa
|Salary||Based on experience, to mid 30s|
|Name: Jim Miller |
Title: Executive Director
Phone: No phone calls
Historic Valley Junction Foundation (HVJF) a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on the growth and betterment of the Historic Valley Junction business district, has an immediate opening for an Events Manager (see attached). We are a Main Street Iowa community since 1987, Iowa Cultural and Entertainment District since 2006, Iowa Great Place since 2007 and Great American Main Street Award (GAMSA) winner since 2012.
- Coordinate committees and meetings for all events
- Obtain proper permits for events (Liquor License, City Special Events, Sound, Inflatables, etc.)
- Arrange subcontractors for events (kybos, barricades, sound equipment, stage, generators, etc.)
- Arrange entertainment for events, with help from committee members and HVJF staff
- Recruit and coordinate vendors for events
- Create event applications, distribute to vendors, track received applications
- Assist in and coordinate set-up and tear-down of events
- Assist in finding sponsors for events, create sponsorship packages
- Check and answer all event emails
- Answer telephone as needed, welcome visitors to the office
- Give tours of the Jordan House on an as-needed basis
- Maintain and order supplies for events (wristbands, beverages, zip strips, etc.)
- Assist with grant writing, award nominations and other special projects as needed
- Update website content regularly
- Update social media accounts regularly
- Arrange marketing for all events, including print, radio, television and online
- Create and distribute monthly e-blast on Constant Contact
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for events
- Coordinate and create marketing materials for the organization, including brochures, rack cards, maps, general branding ads, etc.
- Reserve venues for events and meetings
- Communicate with merchants about organization programs and events
Non-profit, event and retail experience preferred.
How to Apply
Work schedule regular daytime hours, with many nights and weekends also required. Please send application, resume and salary expectations to Jim Miller, HVJF Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.