Posted March 20, 2015
|Offered By||Oberlin Heritage Center, Oberlin, Ohio |
73 1/2 S. Professor St.
|Salary||50,000 to 60,000; salaried exempt position|
|Name: Search Committee |
Copy for short posting/ads: The non-profit, American Alliance of Museums-accredited Oberlin Heritage Center seeks applicants for a full-time Executive Director to provide leadership, vision and direction to achieve its education and preservation mission. For more information and to view the full job description, visit www.oberlinheritagecenter.org.
The Executive Director reports to and maintains a close relationship with the Oberlin Heritage Center Board of Trustees. He/she is an ex-officio member of all committees and plays a central role in building an effective board-staff-intern-volunteer team to accomplish the organization's goals.
He/she is responsible for leadership in:
- Long-range and strategic planning and implementation
- Budget development and financial management
- Fundraising, including grant preparation and administration
- Staff, intern, and volunteer recruitment, supervision, training, and direction
- Management, stewardship and interpretation of the collections, including the historic buildings
- Facilities planning, property management, and preservation
- Educational and public program development, delivery, and administration
- Community and public relations and collaborative partnerships
- Master's degree in Museum Studies, Historic Preservation or a related field
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication and organization
- Minimum of five years of experience in the history, museum and preservation field
- Experience in working with a non-profit Board of Trustees
- Experience in history museum/historic site and non-profit management
- Experience in community engagement/volunteer management
- Experience in building successful and creative public programs
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing
- Experience in public relations
- Strong ties to the public history, museum and historic preservation worlds
How to Apply
Send a letter of interest, resume, copy of college and graduate school transcripts, list of three professional references with contact information, and copy of most recent performance appraisal from current or most recent position by e-mail to the Search Committee at execdirOberlinHeritage@gmail.com. Include your surname in the subject line of the e-mail. Application deadline: May 18, 2015 Anticipated start date: August 17, 2015 No phone calls and no walk-in inquiries.