(TX) Executive Director - Alamo Endowment
Posted September 15, 2015
|Offered By||Alamo Endowment |
300 Alamo Plaza
San Antonio, Texas
|Salary||Salary and benefits commensurate experience|
Oversees and reports to the Board on goals, priorities and management of the Alamo Complex Management and the Remember the Alamo Foundation. The Alamo Endowment is a 501(c)3 non profit organization with the mission to preserve the Alamo and promote its educational purposes. The Alamo is a World Heritage Site and National Historic Landmark.
- Oversees and reports to the Board on goals, priorities and management of the Alamo Complex Management and the Remember the Alamo Foundation.
- Works with the Board to oversee the Master Plan project implementation in cooperation with the city employees.
- Plans, develops and implements annual and long-term goals and objectives for the Alamo Endowment.
- Oversees and manages Board meetings and events.
- Provides reports to the GLO Director of the Alamo to ensure the Alamo Endowment is in compliance of state legislative priorities and state policies and procedures.
- Communicates regularly, weekly or bi weekly, with the GLO on ACM and RTAF goals, and management of the Alamo.
- Communicate with corporate professionals to prepare timely reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of and appreciation for Texas history;
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit management;
- Thorough knowledge of managing volunteer leaders including boards and high level donors;
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to meet deadlines, achieve revenue goals;
- Ability to manage dramatic changes affiliated with construction, changes for programming to ease the transition for staff and visitors;
- Ability to interact easily with high profile CEOs, elected officials and community leaders;
- Ability to coordinate major special activities;
- Ability to interact with ease with the public;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities independently within established polices and procedures
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- At least 8 years management in the public sector or non-profit environment
- Experience managing and overseeing budget preparation and reporting
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in museum management or educational programming
- Must pass background and drug test
- Must be able to work outside at times during heat, cold and sometimes rainy weather
- Some night and weekend work will be required
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume, including three references to firstname.lastname@example.org