Posted April 13, 2013
|Offered By||Virginia Capitol Square Preservation Council |
1001 East Broad Street
|Name: G. Paul Nardo |
Title: Clerk, Virginia House of Delegates
Seeking a qualified candidate to oversee and coordinate all activities of the Virginia Capitol Square Preservation Council.
- Serves as Executive Director to Capitol Square Preservation Council.
- Coordinates Council functions with Clerk of House, Clerk of Senate, and Secretary of Administration.
In cooperation with the above and Council:
- Inventories and assesses the architectural, historical, archeological and landscape features of Capitol Square and antiquities contained therein.
- Develops plans and recommendations for their maintenance and preservation and for the enhancement of their historical and architectural integrity.
- Develops recommendations for the promotion of activities and efforts that will enhance interpretive and educational opportunities.
- Reviews all plans or proposals for alterations, improvements, additions, renovations or other disposition that is structural or architectural in nature.
- Experience in historical architectural conservation, historic preservation/planning/revitalization, cultural landscape management and restoration
- Communication skills and ability to coordinate with groups of people with divergent views and facilitate accommodations on historic preservation and conservation issues.
- Experience in administration, budgeting and grant writing is desired.
- Master’s degree in architectural history, cultural landscape planning and management, historic preservation or related areas is preferred.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to The Honorable G. Paul Nardo, Clerk, Virginia House of Delegates, P. O. Box 406, Richmond, Virginia 23218. EOE