Posted August 25, 2014
|Offered By||William Butterworth Foundation |
The William Butterworth Foundation operates the Butterworth Center and the Deere-Wiman House, both historic homes that once belonged to John Deere's descendants. The foundation supports community outreach for education and the arts and provides free meeting space for over 1,300 not-for-profit organizations each year. As Executive Director of the William Butterworth Foundation you will be responsible for the development, management and oversight of all the strategic and tactical activities to fulfill the foundation’s mission and vision.
- Work with the board and staff to develop new ways to use the properties for the betterment of the community.
- Develop a professional business approach for the Foundation.
- Collaborate with the staff and take a leadership role to initiate new approaches and expansion of services.
- Take a leadership role with the Board to provide vision and strategic direction.
- Be an ambassador of the organization in the community.
- Establish the framework for an effective working relationship with the Board.
- Expand the diversity of people using the facilities.
- Evaluate current technology needs (hardware) and plan for the future.
- Four-year liberal arts degree with additional education or training in business that could include: accounting, finance, budgeting, human resource management, building maintenance and marketing/PR.
- Course work and/or demonstrated experience with historical consideration in making business decisions.
- 4 years in a management/leadership role with a strong preference for non-profit experience.
- Board of director experience with an understanding of roles and responsibilities. •Four years of operational experience.
- Demonstrated oral, written and listening skills to include public speaking.
- A true appreciation and/or experience with historic homes as well as an equal appreciation for the arts and humanities.
- Significant management experience.
How to Apply
The WIlliam Butterworth Foundation is working with Management Resource Group, Ltd. to fill this position. Please follow the link to our website for more information, including directions for submitting your resume.