Posted January 16, 2015
|Offered By||Federal Hill Main Street |
42 E. Cross Street
|Salary||Salary commensurate with experience|
The executive director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities and operations of Federal Hill Main Street (FHMS), including its involvement in the Baltimore Main Streets program. Federal Hill Main Street is a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering a vibrant and thriving business community that meets the needs of the neighborhood while preserving its historic character.
- Manage and assume total responsibility for all administrative aspects of the program required for day-to-day operation, including accounting functions with oversight by a CPA.
- Manage and disseminate communications, both print and electronic.
- Promote organization’s events, activities, and projects using multiple vehicles including traditional and social media.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage special and fundraising events, including street festivals and annual gala.
- Manage databases and track data related to the organization’s efforts, including membership, contact lists, property vacancies, vendors, etc.
- Monitor activities and write reports to ensure satisfaction of Baltimore Main Streets program requirements.
- Work with board of directors and four standing committees (Business Development, Design, Organization, Promotion); assist in development of agendas, communications, work plans (updated annually), and projects.
- Recruit and assist new businesses, work with current business owners.
- Develop and track annual budget.
- Work with treasurer and accountant to ensure bills are approved and paid and all required financial reporting is completed and submitted on time.
- Encourage and facilitate a cooperative climate with other neighborhood and community organizations as well as local government. Collaborate with local neighborhood and business organizations.
- Purchase budgeted supplies, printing, equipment, and professional services for the organization. Manage property (office and rental apartment and office).
- Serve as primary point of contact.
- Attend community/civic/government meetings as FHMS representative.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and responsively
- Manage multiple projects, set priorities and shift priorities as needed
- Perform comfortably in a largely self-directed work environment
- Think critically; be able to identify creative ways to enhance the business district
- Exercise diplomacy
- Conduct himself/herself professionally at all times Education and Professional Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Willingness to learn content management system for website updates, as well as other software and systems for data collection and management is also required.
- Marketing experience or demonstration of a strong grasp of basic marketing concepts is required.
- Demonstration of progressively responsible professional experience is desired.
- Experience working professionally within non-profit organizations is a plus.
- Demonstration of ability to build consensus among disparate groups and people through influence and persuasion is important.
- Familiarity or experience with the National and/or Baltimore Main Street Programs is a plus.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.