Posted December 4, 2014
|Offered By||Schuylkill River Greenway Association (SRGA) |
140 College Drive
|Name: Emily Perl |
Leadership Opportunity at National Heritage Area, Southeast Pennsylvania; The Schuylkill River National and State Heritage Area, managed by the non-profit Schuylkill River Greenway Association (SRGA) uses conservation, education, recreation, historic preservation and tourism as tools for community revitalization and economic development. Currently, the Executive Director is retiring, after more than a decade of successful growth and leadership and the organization is well positioned for a transition. Greenway Association is governed by a very engaged Board of Directors representing all five counties in the Schuylkill River watershed. Based in Pottstown, PA, SRGA is on the web at: www.schuylkillriver.org. SRGA manages the Schuylkill River Heritage Area, which was designated by US Congress in 2000. The Schuylkill River Heritage Area celebrates the rich culture and history of the Schuylkill River watershed where natural, cultural, historic and recreational resources combine to form a cohesive, nationally distinctive landscape. The boundaries of the Heritage area cover the Schuylkill River watershed in Schuylkill, Berks, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties. SRGA was founded in 1974 as a nonprofit organization focused on the preservation of the riverfront in Berks and Schuylkill counties, the organization has grown in its mission and geographic scope over the years. The Schuylkill River Heritage Area partners with a range of organizations in the Schuylkill watershed area to provide dynamic programs and services.
Experience required for the next Executive Director:
- 10+ years of public/ private sector experience in management and team leadership.
- Experience creating, articulating and executing strategic plans for initiatives.
- Prior experience in positions leading collaborative entities and projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of preservation and sustainability.
- Awareness of advocacy and policy issues impacting conservation and revitalization.
- Successful tenure working directly with a volunteer board.
- Demonstrated success in diverse revenue generation.
How to Apply
Please send expressions of interest by January 5, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org (designate SRGA).