Posted April 15, 2013
|Offered By||Harbor History Museum |
4121 Harborview Dr
Gig Harbor, Washington
|Name: Frank Ruffo |
Title: President, Board of Trustees
The Harbor History Museum Executive Director is the chief executive of our new 14,500 sq ft Museum and is responsible for the general and fiscal leadership and management of the entire organization including programs, partnerships, fundraising, budgets, and external relations. The Executive Director is charged with delivering on the mission and goals of the organization in a fiscally sound manner. This person plays a leading role, working closely with the Board and staff developing and articulating the strategic direction of the Museum and implementing the resulting strategies and initiatives.
- execute short- and long-range strategies/plans taking full responsibility for all operations
- lead development, marketing, fundraising, recruiting &other public efforts
- provide integrative leadership to staff for consistent direction, communication, organizational alignment & visioning
- managing maintenance of facility & develop strategies to optimize its use
- develop administrative processes/procedures to inform the board and staff of key information that aid in understanding outcomes
- interact effectively with many constituencies - students, participants, funders, schools, civic organizations, local & state units of government
- take a leadership role in monitoring public history trends & recommend programming to keep pace with a changing environment
- exceptional communication skills, fundraising skills, a strong public presence, and enthusiasm for making the case for HHM to a variety of donors & partners
- ability to work with the Board to create and carry out a unified vision with the drive to achieve excellent, timely results
- Bachelor’s degree in Museum Studies, Business Administration or related degree.
- Seven or more years’ experience managing a staff and dealing with all human resources-related matters including hiring, evaluating, and terminating employees.
- Demonstrated record of being a self-starter, leader, team builder, and problem solver.
- Proven administrative, analytical, and strategic planning skills.
- Proven financial ability to organize and manage a budget and to monitor ongoing financial performance.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and community outreach with expertise in crafting public and private partnerships.
- Effective communicator with proven ability to work with individuals or diversified groups such as staff, board, government, business leaders, donors, and volunteers.
- Flexible schedule to attend evening and weekend activities Salary Competitive, including benefit package. Please submit your resume to the President at email@example.com or mail to President, Harbor History Museum 4121 Harborview Dr Gig Harbor, WA 98332. No telephone calls please. Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Harbor History Museum is an AA/EO Employer. HHM is a 501(c)(3) organization.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to the President at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to President, Harbor History Museum 4121 Harborview Dr Gig Harbor, WA 98332. No telephone calls please.