Posted February 6, 2014
|Offered By||Unity Temple Restoration Foundation |
875 Lake Street
Oak Park, Illinois
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
|Name: Brad White |
Unity Temple Restoration Foundation is seeking a chief executive and chief development officer, who will have the title Executive Director. The ED will be principally responsible for designing and implementing a development plan to raise the funds necessary to complete a comprehensive restoration of Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity Temple. The ED will also manage all operational aspects of UTRF, including its relationship with the Unitarian Universalist congregation that uses the building as its spiritual home. The ED will manage all operational aspects of UTRF.
- Lead fundraising efforts to maximize contributed revenue from individual, corporate, foundation and government sources.
- Work in partnership with the Board to plan overall development strategy and to identify, qualify, and solicit major donor prospects.
- Articulate a compelling and persuasive case for UTRF support to all constituencies.
- Oversee the fiscal health of the organization.
- Work with the Board to implement effective board recruitment and retention.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with other business, cultural and philanthropic institutions that further UTRF's mission.
- Help attract and lead the next generation of UTRF stakeholders and supporters.
- Ensure consistent and relevant identity for UTRF through its activities and communications.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Senior-level leadership experience in a nonprofit, architecture organization, historic preservation organization, art organization or related institution.
- Alternatively, significant corporate senior management experience, combined with knowledge of nonprofits and a commitment to the mission of UTRF.
- Directed successful fundraising campaigns with goals in excess of $10 million.
- Working knowledge and/or demonstrated interest in architecture, architectural history and Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Master's degree in a relevant field preferred; minimum of bachelor's degree with significant professional/management experience.