Posted March 19, 2015
|Offered By||TAP, Inc. |
210 River Street
Troy, New York
|Salary||$55,000-$65,000 depending on experience|
|Name: Barbara Fama |
Title: Business Manager
Phone: (518) 274-3050
TAP, Inc. seeks an Executive Director to lead the company in the implementation of its mission, strategies and financial objectives. TAP is a private non-profit community design center incorporated in 1969 and operated by a board of directors. As the nonprofit community design center for the Capital Region, TAP provides design, planning, graphic and technical services to nonprofit organizations, neighborhood associations, and low-to-moderate income individuals who are seeking to improve their buildings, homes and neighborhoods. TAP works closely with the community and its clients to educate and advocate for the value of good design, planning and public policy; and works in collaboration with a variety of public and private agencies to promote livable communities and encourage community development efforts.
Coordinate with TAP’s Board of directors and facilitate their decisions by:
- Informing the Board of work accomplished, under way, under contract and proposed. It includes reporting on both the financial effect and mission-effectiveness of the work.
- Reporting on the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of the corporation.
- Implementing the projects devised by the board, and suggesting projects to the board that further TAP’s mission.
- Being the public face of the corporation. Representing TAP, Inc. at meetings, social functions, workshops and public meetings. Fielding calls from news organizations and correcting mistakes about TAP that may appear in the print or electronic media.
- Consulting with the board before taking stands on controversial issues, and implementing the board’s strategy when those issues require concentrated activity.
- Directing the production of publicity material that TAP uses to project its public image.
- Also, as part of the TAP’s public relations and mission, it must function as a productive member of the Troy Community. It is the Executive Director’s responsibility to be sure that TAP looks beyond narrow self interest to support work that improves the well-being of the City of Troy.
- The Executive Director is the planning chief of the corporation. He must analyze trends and issues from global to local. He must position TAP in such a way as to keep it true to its mission while remaining financially viable.
Coordinate with TAP’s staff and facilitate their work by:
- Creating a positive and equitable working environment.
- Providing administrative system to meet legal obligations of an employer.
- Insuring proper staffing pattern and size to meet budget and contractual obligations.
- Providing adequate facilities and equipment for a safe and efficient work environment
- Training new employees
- Updating and administering the personnel policy. Full job description available at: http://www.tapinc.org
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Architecture or Planning degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit management and administration at a Community Design Center or community based agency, a Municipal Planning agency, or other experience with neighborhood revitalization programs.
Skills Presumed Essential:
- Mature professional with flexibility, integrity, and a demonstrated interest in supporting TAP’s mission
- Ability to work well with a diverse team, varied clientele and the general public
- Understanding of current trends in livable communities, neighborhood revitalization and sustainability, historic preservation
- Persistence and pragmatism
- Inter-personal, organizational, nonprofit program, personnel, and financial management; and a sense of purpose, humor, judgment
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Basic computer literacy and skills with MS Office (Word / Excel) and internet savvy with social media skills Useful Skills:
- Additional computer competence, particularly CAD and Photoshop
How to Apply
Applicants may apply by submitting a letter of interest, no more than two pages, please, and a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or mailed to TAP, Inc. 210 River Street, Troy, NY 12180 Att. Search Committee We would appreciate it if your letter of interest was sent by Friday, April 10, 2015.