Posted April 14, 2014
|Offered By||Hinesville Downtown Development Authority |
115 East M. L. King Jr. Drive
|Salary||The starting salary will be commensurate with the candidates experience and education.|
|Name: Holly Stevens |
Title: Human Resources Director
The Hinesville Downtown Development Authority is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the development, coordination, administration, documentation and implementation of the development/redevelopment/revitalization efforts of the Hinesville Downtown District.
- Serves as expert staff for the HDDA Board, Hinesville Historic Preservation Commission, and the Bryant Commons Joint Management Board, providing administrative support, assisting in the preparation, execution, and implementation of all development plans, programs, and activities adopted by the boards.
- Provides coordination, managerial support of the Hinesville Downtown Development Authority (HDDA), including administration and budgeting, agenda setting, committee formation, and management, as well as volunteer recruitment and management. Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations for the DDA and Urban Redevelopment Agency (URA)
- Provide training, management, and oversight for activities of all employees.
- Generate an inventory of properties in the downtown district and identify prospective sites for new business development. Maintain an updated available properties list and facilitate business recruitment efforts.
- Maintain files on the process and progress of the local Downtown Program, including economic monitoring, individual building files, thorough photographic documentation of all physical changes, grant information, business resource materials and information on job creation and business retention. Ensure that accurate and adequate records such as minutes, financial reports, annual reports, and other records are maintained.
- Assist in developing an annual action plan for implementing a downtown revitalization program focused on four areas: 1. design/historic preservation 2. promotion 3. organization/management 4. economic restructuring/development
- Serve on committees, working groups, councils, and authorities associated with downtown to develop and maintain positive public awareness designed to enhance appreciation of the downtown’s assets and to foster an understanding of the Downtown Development Authority’s goals and objectives. Attend educational seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Serve as the initial contact person for prospective small businesses to obtain information regarding relocation, expansion, or other public service needs. Assist in developing strategies for the recruitment and retention of retail tenants for downtown properties. Assist individual tenants and property owners with physical improvement projects through coordination with the City on available grants and loan programs. Establish or partner with other groups to hold events in the downtown area.
- Serve as a liaison between the City and Liberty County officials, Chamber and Development Authority, business/property owners, and downtown working groups during the design and construction of street reconstruction projects.
The Executive Director must be creative, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, flexible, well organized and capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment. The Executive Director should have education and/or experience in the following areas: economic development, planning, retailing, marketing, design, volunteer management, nonprofit management and small business development. The Executive Director would need to have excellent verbal and written communication and team building skills. The Executive Director will report to the Hinesville Downtown Development Authority Board of Directors. The starting salary will be commensurate with the candidates experience and education. Only candidates that indicate their salary requirements will be considered for the position. The position is open until filled. EOE
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Human Resources Manager 115 East M. L. King Jr. Drive Hinesville, GA 31313 E-Mail: email@example.com or www.hinesvilledowntown.com