Posted July 22, 2014
|Offered By||Mosby Heritage Area Association |
1461 Atoka Road
|Name: Wendy Bebie |
Title: Vice President
The Board of Directors of the Mosby Heritage Area Association (MHAA) seeks an Executive Director (ED) to start January 1, 2015. MHAA is a non-profit dedicated to preservation through education. Our focus is on Loudoun, Fauquier, Clarke, Prince William and Warren Counties. By educating residents about the local history of the Northern Virginia Piedmont, MHAA hopes they will become stewards of the area and work to preserve the remarkable cultural and historic landscape found here. MHAA also works on preservation issues, including creating a preservation plan for the Civil War battlefields of Aldie, Middleburg and Upperville. MHAA seeks a creative and motivated person as its new ED who will further its goals with passion and enthusiasm. A background of working with non-profits with preservation and education aims is a strong asset, as well as in fundraising, management of historical properties and public speaking. Knowledge of the history of the Civil War and of the Virginia Piedmont also is an asset.
- Implement the policies and projects of MHAA as set by the Board of Directors.
- Represent and speak for MHAA at appropriate local and state meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Become a public face for MHAA and, with the assistance of the Board, be responsible for substantial fundraising. Fundraising duties include working with individual donors and obtaining grants.
- Be the grant administrator and the designated contact person for MHAA grants.
- Participate at all Board and committee meetings. Assist with scheduling, setting agendas, conducting research and providing information.
- Provide administrative supervision over the Director of Education and work with the Education Committee and Director of Education with the development and implementation of the MHAA’s Education Program.
- Manage historical properties.
- Oversee the development and management of the approved annual budget and operations plan.
- Oversee and work with MHAA’s staff and volunteers on all projects and office activities.
- Manage the MHAA office and staff.
- Perform other duties, as assigned. Applicants should understand that this is not a 9-5 job. This position requires commitment to and participation in numerous meetings and events as they occur outside of regular business hours.
- Minimum of college degree.
- Prior work with non-profits.
- Prior work with preservation and education issues.
- Prior experience in fundraising.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including management and fiscal oversight.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, including the ability to be a liaison with the Board, the staff, volunteers and the public.
How to Apply
SUBMIT: Letter of Interest, Resume and at least three references NO LATER THAN AUGUST 21, 2014 to: email@example.com Mosby Heritage Area Association, Inc PO Box 1497 Middleburg, VA 20118
For further information contact: Wendy Bebie, MHAA Board Member & Chair of Search Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org