Posted February 2, 2015
|Offered By||Culpeper Renaissance, Inc. |
127 W Davis Street
|Salary||Commensurate with Qualifications|
|Deadline||Open Until Filled|
|Name: Jeff Sadler |
Title: Interim Director
Culpeper Renaissance, Inc. is searching for an energetic and polished Executive Director with experience in economic development, non-profit management and fundraising. The chosen candidate will work with a dedicated and active volunteer board and two staff members. Culpeper Renaissance, Inc. (CRI) is a mature and successful Main Street organization looking for a community leader to help Culpeper take full advantage of its unique location in Virginia's Piedmont region. Near Northern Virginia's tech corridor, but with affordable living, bucolic surroundings and a small-town friendliness, Culpeper is a recent Great American Main Street Award winner. The selected candidate will have clear leadership abilities and experience in moving a community forward through creative problem solving, consensus building and plain, dedicated, hard work.
Maintaining and Improving effective CRI operations and activities:
- Manage staff
- Write grants and other proposals to obtain funding for priority projects.
- Develop fundraising plans, materials and presentations and work to develop relationships with current or potential donors.
- Work with Board and volunteers to raise a minimum of $25,000 in private donations.
- Oversee and be responsible for all financial transactions.
- Maintain a strong volunteer program.
- Maintain regular business hours, in addition to evening, morning and weekend events.
- Work with the Special Events Coordinator to plan and execute several community events and that the events meet the goals set forth in in the workplan.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors and all Committees and their members are fully engaged and have all the resources necessary to their success.
- Expanding the revitalization in areas around the conventional retail district.
- Work with the ER committee and other community stakeholders to develop and implement new business niches appropriate to Culpeper, Virginia.
- Market the tools for rehabbing blighted and underused properties (grants and design assistance).
- Research and advocate for “best practices” regulation reform.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of new and more effective ways to fill vacant spaces, especially non-traditional or light industrial spaces.
- Work with Town and volunteers to provide input for Master Plan.
- Maintaining current success of traditional retail district.
- Actively engage stakeholders and collecting community input.
- Assist in maintaining the organization’s web pages, social media, outreach, and promotions and other communications materials.
- Inform CRI members of all developments affecting the organization, downtown business district and Culpeper in general. Providing vision and leadership to organization and community at large.
- Develop a strong, goal-led workplan and budget.
- Manage the implementation of work plan items of the Board and/or committees.
- Maintain data management system to track the process and progress of all activities.
- Build strong and productive working relationships with appropriate public agencies at the local and state level.
- Actively use public speaking opportunities, media interviews, community education workshops, and other personal appearances to keep the public informed of the services and accomplishments of the organization.
- Ensure CRI maintains and exceeds program standards required by Virginia Main Street and maintain National Accredited Program status.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Culpeper Renaissance, Inc Board of Directors.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent in one or more of these career fields: marketing and or public relations, economic development, community planning, public administration, business management, historic preservation.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills as demonstrated by prior job experience (i.e. publications, presentations, proposals and reports).
- Demonstrable competency with computers and office software including QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and design software.
A career history that clearly demonstrates competency employing the above listed essential duties, with particular attention to:
- Successful fundraising campaigns
- Place-based economic restructuring
- Community partnership development
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as necessary
- Travel is required
Culpeper Renaissance, Inc (CRI) is a highly successful organization looking to grow their operations. CRI has a strong, dedicated volunteer base in place. The successful candidate will provide a leadership role including mentoring, coaching and facilitating success.