Posted July 22, 2014
|Offered By||Milton-Freewater Downtown Alliance (MFDA) |
500 E Broadway Ave
|Name: Norm Saager |
Title: Board President
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. The Milton-Freewater Downtown Alliance is seeking an Executive Director to coordinate downtown revitalization activities using the Main Street 4-Point Approach®. Applicant should have proven ability to work with both public and private sector including members of the downtown community. Excellent organizational, communications, writing and some web design skills required. Applicant must demonstrate competence through education and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, economic development, small business management, volunteer and/or nonprofit management, public relations, planning, urban design, architecture, and historic preservation. Starting salary $35,000+ (based on experience). Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least two professional references by August 15th, 2014 to Milton-Freewater Downtown Alliance PO Box 21, Milton-Freewater, Oregon 97862. For full position details visit mfdowntown.org/jobs.
- Assist committees in developing and carrying out annual work plans.
- Work in conjunction with the MFDA Board of Directors.
- Coordinate volunteers and committees.
- Manage administrative aspects of the Program.
- Coordinate and communicate with the State Main Street Coordinator
- Represent and advocate for Milton-Freewater at conferences and for issues at local and state level.
- Encourage a cooperative climate with other downtown and community organizations.
- Assist business and property owners with business and property improvement projects.
- Develop appropriate downtown revitalization strategies.
- Help build productive relationships with city government including attending City Council and other public meetings as an advocate for downtown projects.
- Bachelor's degree in above "job overview" expertise areas preferred.
- Demonstration of progressively responsible professional experience; management experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively before large gatherings and small groups.
- Bilingual skills (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Basic to expert knowledge in web design.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least two professional references to Milton-Freewater Downtown Alliance, PO Box 21 Milton-Freewater, OR 97862 by Friday, August 15nd, 2014 .