Posted October 16, 2014
|Offered By||Tregaron Conservancy |
Washington, District of Columbia
|Salary||open exempt position|
|Name: Bonnie LeParde |
Title: retiring Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for implementing the decisions of the Board in carrying out the Conservancy’s mission and often serves as the public face of the Conservancy. The Executive Director is currently the only employee of the Conservancy; he or she works with Board Finance and Landscape Committees to develop budgets and implement projects; supervises the restoration, maintenance and operation of the property; and manages its development activities. The Executive Director serves as liaison between the Board and its Executive Committee and the local, regional and national community, and its partners and stakeholders. The Board meets four times a year and formulates plans for landscape, maintenance, and infrastructure improvements and restoration projects which have comprised 75% of the Conservancy’s annual operating budget in each of the past four years.
Candidates should have concrete, demonstrable experience organizing and managing relationships with operational partners, Board members and funders as well as supervision of vendors and/or employees.
Ideal candidates would have at least four of the following or equivalent:
- An interest or degree in environmental studies or law, landscape architecture, cultural landscape, historic preservation, or a related or relevant field.
- Five years of non-profit and/or private management and/or Board of Directors experience.
- Five years of demonstrable hands-on fund raising experience with local stakeholders, national and regional foundations and organizational funders, including public agencies.
- Ability to lead, inspire and organize volunteers.
- Experience with organizing events for 15 to 250 people.
- Good writing and verbal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, October 31, 2014.