Posted January 21, 2015
|Offered By||Manassas Battlefield Trust |
|Name: Maureen Finnerty |
- Provide dynamic and collaborative leadership for Manassas Battlefield Trust's (the Trust) mission, strategy, core program areas and operating departments consistent with the Trust’s strategic plan.
- Provide vision and leadership to the strategic and day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Work with treasurer to maintain sound financial records and assist, as needed, for filing of tax returns; submit annual report for renewing charter to operate in the State of Virginia. Assist treasurer in preparing annual report under the Virginia Charitable Registration Act.
- Act as office manager in all capacities.
- Promote active and broad participation among volunteers in all areas of the organization.
- Maintain open and constant communication with superintendent and volunteer coordinator to ensure a smooth working relationship.
- Work closely with park administration to coordinate programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with park superintendent, president and directors to develop and reach strategic and annual work goals.
- Create an active membership program to reach membership (number and financial) goals per the strategic plan in the first year of employment.
- Represent the Trust while engaging in community outreach efforts with directors to plan special events in order to promote the park and the Trust.
- Ensure monthly communication with directors to include the preparation and distribution of a minimum of four newsletters annually (first distribution expected two months after hire date) and update Facebook daily.
- Support and work with directors in recruitment of new board members.
- Work closely with the “mentor” from the National Park Foundation pending receipt of matching grant for Friends Development.
- Establish relationships and identify grant opportunities from foundations, government agencies and other organizations with a goal of three grants in first year of employment.
- Find innovative ways to increase giving from current and new donors.
- Expand sponsorship program and other plans for major giving.
How to Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience Part-time position Reports directly to the President of Manassas Battlefield Trust Position is open until filled. If interested please submit resume and covering letter to: Maureen Finnerty Manassas Battlefield Trust 12521 Lee Hwy. Manassas, Virginia 20109 We do not discriminate in our hiring practices in regards to any of the protected classes.