Posted August 21, 2014
|Offered By||Waterford Foundation, Inc. |
P.O. Box 142
|Salary||Commensurate with experience|
|Name: Tom Kuehhas |
Title: Executive Director
The Waterford Foundation (WF), a private non-profit organization located in Waterford, Virginia, seeks a full-time Office Manager. The foundation’s mission is to preserve the historic buildings and open spaces of the National Historic Landmark District of Waterford, Virginia, and, through education, to increase the public’s knowledge of life and work in an early American rural community.
Duties Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day continuity of the office and general support of the Foundation’s operations. The Office Manager is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Recording and maintaining membership and donations databases
- Membership - renewals, notifications, reports
- Answering incoming calls and handle requests/inquiries
- General administration - filing, record keeping, deposits, petty cash, etc.
- Opening, distribution of mail and communications
- Purchasing and inventory of office supplies
- Recording minutes of weekly staff meetings
- Interacting with the public and volunteers
- Assisting in the creation of Foundation publications, as needed
- Assisting with Foundation-related activities and events, as needed
- Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required during special events.
- 3 years+ related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as ability to learn new programs, such as Sage Fundraising and InDesign
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus
How to Apply
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org; place “Office Manager” in subject line of email. No phone calls please. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.