Old Salem Museums & Gardens/National Society of Colonial Dames of America in NC
Posted January 17, 2014
|Offered By||Old Salem Museums & Gardens |
600 S. Main St.
Winston-Salem, *United States
|Salary||$2500/total award; disbursed biweekly|
|Name: David Bergstone |
Title: Director of Architecture
This internship offered by Old Salem Museums & Gardens is underwritten by the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in North Carolina. The internship is directed at graduate students in museum studies, American history, historic preservation, historic architecture and archaeology. Activities will focus on aspects in the Old Salem National Historic Landmark District in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where the Colonial Dames owns the oldest surviving building, the 1768 Fourth House.
Depends on skills and interests of intern, generally work as a full-time temporary position for 10 weeks (flexible range during summer 2014) Typical duties are office setting for CAD, computer graphics, archival research, if interest of students and opportunity available could include building investigation (lots of dirt!) Research will usually be directed at 18th or 19th century resource in the NHL district
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a graduate program in history, public history, historic preservation, architectural history, historic archaeology, or similar field. Priority will be given to graduate students who are enrolled in North Carolina colleges and universities.
- Responsible, reliable and dedicated to quality of job performance
- Good research skills in primary materials
- Good computer skills with basic office applications, knowledge of CAD or GIS software are a plus
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a letter of interest with proposed schedule, resume, Old Salem employment application, and two letters of recommendation in hard copy by USPS, or electronically with documents in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org check www.oldsalem.org website for more details and employment application