Posted March 3, 2015
|Offered By||City of San Antonio Office of Historic Preservation |
1901 S Alamo St
San Antonio, Texas
|Salary||$37,663.60 - $56,495.40 Annually|
|Name: Kathy Rodriguez |
Title: Deputy Historic Preservation Officer
Under general direction, is responsible for coordination of Historic and Design Review Commission (HDRC) cases, recommendations and meetings. Position is also responsible for administration of public education initiatives and for research and other special projects. May exercise functional supervision over assigned staff.
- Researches, collects, analyzes, and interprets data and summarizes data into report form.
- Responds to department requests for information, as well as from the general public.
- Coordinates administration of HDRC cases, case recommendations, meeting agendas, packets, HDRC sub-committee and on-site meetings as needed.
- Manages projects to completion with supervision.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- One (1) year of planning experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Use of your own personal vehicle may at times be required and proof of Liability Insurance will be required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Public Administration, Urban Studies, Historic Preservation, Architecture or a related field.
- Architecture, urban design, historic preservation or architectural history training or experience.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws, regulations and ordinances pertaining to historic preservation.
- Knowledge of preservation/conservation technology; ability to offer technical assistance to applicants and to students participating in hands-on preservation training.
- Experience with customer service.
- Ability to read architectural drawings.
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 25 pounds. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of community and urban planning.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings, and field notes.
- Ability to prepare and conduct presentations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management and the public.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the City of San Antonio - Human Resources Department page.