Posted October 28, 2014
|Offered By||Preservation League of New York State |
44 Central Ave
Albany, New York
The Preservation League of New York State invests in people and projects that champion the essential role of preservation in community revitalization, sustainable economic growth, and the protection of our historic buildings and landscapes. We lead advocacy, economic development, and education programs all across the state.
The Preservation Associate will work to support the League’s preservation programs. This position reports to the Preservation League’s Director of Preservation and will involve coordination with other Preservation League staff. This is a full-time position located in Albany, New York and will require some travel as a Preservation League representative.
- Provide technical preservation assistance to individuals, organizations and municipalities seeking creative solutions to preservation challenges.
- Advise and assist local and regional preservation organizations and citizen groups on strategies to increase their effectiveness.
- Assist in the intake and processing of grant applications, including management of our Microsoft Access database.
- Conduct outreach site visits to potential grant applicants.
- Participate in the intake and review of regular programs such as Preserve New York, Technical Assistance Grants, Seven to Save and Excellence in Preservation Awards.
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of technical workshops.
- Prepare articles and notices relating to the League’s preservation programs for our print, online, and social media communications.
- A degree in historic preservation or a closely related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the historic preservation field.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, as well as to independently identify and complete tasks.
- Computer proficiency.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to: Preservation Associate Search Preservation League of New York State 44 Central Avenue Albany, NY 12206 Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.