Posted March 9, 2015
|Offered By||Delray Beach Center for the Arts |
51 N. Swinton Avenue
Delray Beach, Florida
|Salary||Competitive compensation and benefits package including health/dental plans, generous vacation policy, a beautiful and convenient downtown location, and the quality of life derived from Delray Beach’s seacoast setting, vibrant cultural life, and year-round sunshine.|
|Name: Mr. Daniel J. Zanella |
Title: Senior Consultant, Arts Consulting Group
Phone: (888) 234.4236 Ext 11
Fax: (888) 284.6651
Arts Consulting Group is pleased to partner with Delray Beach Center for the Arts in its search for a dynamic leader. The CEO/President will have an exciting opportunity to lead the continued growth and evolution of a unique multi-disciplinary historic cultural center positioned at the heart of Delray Beach’s thriving downtown community. Partnering with a committed Board of Directors, an accomplished Chief Operations Officer, and a dedicated team of senior staff, the CEO/President will assume a highly visible and entrepreneurial role in overseeing all aspects of the organization and will lead the effort to increase both earned and contributed revenue, with a focus on philanthropic and sponsorship support. Acting as the face of the organization, the CEO/President will bring a respect for the history and relationships which have sustained DBCA, while bringing a fresh approach to leadership, revenue generation, and community support. The CEO/President will play a key role in achieving the goals and objectives outlined in the DBCA’s recently completed strategic plan. He/she will possess the experience, skills and diplomacy necessary to think strategically, respond to opportunities successfully, and identify relationships and partnerships that will propel the DBCA forward in achieving its mission.
Management and Planning
- Oversee short-term operational and long-range strategic planning and implementation processes, working in close partnership with the Chief Operating Officer who has direct oversight of the Center’s day-to-day operations, senior staff, and utilization of space and facilities.
- Create a strategic operating plan in conjunction with the COO and assume joint responsibility with the Board for its implementation, reporting progress towards goals regularly.
- Consult and strategize with the Chief Operating Officer, Associate Artistic Director, Center Services Director, Cornell Museum Curator, Arts Education Coordinator and other key staff regarding annual artistic, educational and outreach plans and appropriate budget which fulfills the organization’s artistic vision and simultaneously maximizes earned income opportunities.
- With the Chief Operating Officer, oversee administrative personnel relations to ensure that the organization is effectively structured and staffed with competent employees. Fundraising and Donor Stewardship
- As principal architect of the DBCA’s fundraising strategy, devise, implement and manage an integrated development program, including the creation of a comprehensive plan that maximizes contributed income from diverse sources.
- Assume the lead role in fundraising, working in consultation and cooperation with the Board and staff to maximize the DBCA’s annual fund, major gift and sponsorship fundraising by identifying opportunities for new and/or increased support from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies. The organization does intend to eventually engage a full time Development Director (reporting to the President/CEO).
- Implement and promote a planned giving program, informing and educating the DBCA’s constituents about opportunities to support the DBCA through bequests and legacy gifts that will increase the endowment and help meet future operational needs.
- Guide, educate, and engage the Board actively in fundraising and advocacy with their professional and personal networks; guide the staff and volunteers in development activities.
Audience Development and Community Relations
- Oversee marketing, branding, and public relations programs that achieve earned income goals from performance ticket and event sales while enhancing the DBCA’s visibility, reputation, and brand awareness.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service, effective audience interaction, and community engagement.
- Cultivate and sustain positive relations with the Delray Beach city leaders; expand outreach to potential strategic partners in the arts, business, government, higher education, and media to advance the DBCA’s institutional reputation and reach.
- Act as the organization’s principal spokesperson, represent the DBCA in a professional capacity at DBCA events and at numerous other civic and community events and forums.
- Develop processes for engaging target populations, as well as for reaching a broader audience for performances and educational programs. Financial Management & Governance
- Provide support to best utilize the talents and resources of the Board, stimulate involvement, and work closely with them to ensure strong fiscal health and organizational governance.
- Assume and maintain fiscal oversight of the overall budget, and ensure the most effective use of financial resources in conjunction with the COO.
- Initiate and maintain effective communications with the Board Chair, Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers; assist and provide staff support to Board committees.
- Support the Board in identifying prospective new members, as well as their cultivation and recruitment to the Board.
A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree in business, arts administration or related field is highly desirable; At least 7 - 10 years’ experience in a senior management position at a facility serving a variety of user groups; A demonstrated track record of fundraising success is required.
How to Apply
Cover letter and resume, electronic submissions preferred, with demonstrable accomplishments to: Mr. Daniel J. Zanella, Senior Consultant Arts Consulting Group, Inc. 1040 First Avenue, Suite 352 New York, NY 10022-2991 Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext 11 Cell (201) 306.3201 Fax (888) 284.6651 Email dbca@ArtsConsulting.com.