President and CEO
Posted March 25, 2014
|Offered By||Naperville Heritage Society/Naper Settlement |
523 S. Weber Street
|Salary||Annual Salary Based on Experience|
|Name: Kelly Monahan |
The Opportunity: President and CEO This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary and mission-driven professional to lead Naper Settlement to the next level of growth, success, and action. The next President and CEO will be joining a world-class, accredited cultural and educational institution that is well-established, and enjoys a great deal of support from the surrounding community. Naper Settlement is positioned in a vibrant community with an excellent quality of life and very supportive base of residents. The President and CEO will work with the Board to bring about visionary and strategic leadership for the museum; and work closely with the Naperville Heritage Society Board of Directors and the Naper Settlement Museum Board. The next leader will provide visionary leadership, revenue management, Board relations, external relations/community engagement, and general oversight of operations and staff. The position oversees a senior management team of seasoned and tenured professionals: three Vice Presidents who are direct reports to this position (in Development and Marketing, Museum Services, and Organizational Resources); and five Directors (Organizational Resources, Chief Curator, Director of Buildings and Grounds, Director of Finance, and Director of Learning Experiences). The NHS Board is currently working to build strategies and goals from a recently redefined Vision. The next President and CEO will be responsible for putting into action – in collaboration with the senior management team –the plan to fulfill the Vision and achieve the Goals. The President and CEO will serve as the chief ambassador for future success and active community partnerships that advance the museum as an integral contributor to a broad range of community interests and audiences. These interests are diverse, educationally engaging, family-oriented, business friendly and collaborative, both locally and in the wider community. This next leader is charged with successfully packaging and telling Naper Settlement’s story to those diverse audiences, bringing a fresh perspective and best practices.
The Qualified Candidate: Naper Settlement is in search of a dynamic, energetic, and visionary leader to help propel the mission of the Settlement forward. The next President and CEO will bring a genuine commitment to the community coupled with experienced leadership and an executive level skill set. The ideal candidate will have effective relationship building and interpersonal skills; prior experience in Board leadership and development; prior experience in working with quasi-governmental entities; best practices in institutional management; and a strong financial acumen. Moving Naper Settlement to the next level of success requires a flexible and professional communication style, and the ability to work with and garner support/consensus from a diverse audience (Board members, elected officials, parents and families, partner organizations, seasoned museum staff, etc.). An understanding of the complexities involved in working with historical and cultural institutions and museum collections would be an asset.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of constituencies, and serve as the chief advocate/spokesperson on behalf of the Naperville Heritage Society and Naper Settlement.
- A minimum of 10 years of organizational leadership experience in staff development and leading high performing staff teams; leading change amidst organizational transformation is preferred.
- Successful track record in fundraising and philanthropy in a relevant/similar nonprofit, public agency or other organization.
- Proven experience in financial management, stewardship, and developing strategies to successfully increase revenue.
- Proven ability to develop a highly productive, effective team by mentoring staff, building teams and enhancing professionalism within the museum.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver, strong collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with relevant advanced training or degree in business, nonprofit, or museum administration/management strongly preferred.
- Residency in Naperville is/will be required. The hired individual will be an employee of the City of Naperville, and will report directly to the two Boards of Directors. The position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Naperville Heritage Society, Naper Settlement and The City of Naperville are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Naperville Heritage Society is committed to a diverse workforce.
How to Apply
To Apply The search is being managed by Heather Eddy, CFRE, President and CEO at Alford Executive Search. To apply, all candidates must submit their cover letter, resume, and complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings. No applications will be accepted via email. Questions may be addressed to Kelly Monahan at email@example.com. Alford Executive Search (www.alfordexecutivesearch.com) is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening not-for-profit and public institutions through professional staffing solutions.