Posted January 20, 2015
|Offered By||Preservation Austin |
500 Chicon St.
|Salary||$45,000 to $50,000|
|Name: Kate Singleton |
Title: Executive Director
Phone: 512 474 5198
Preservation Austin is seeking full time Program Coordinator. Working under the direction of the Executive Director, this position assists with facilitating and managing special projects, events, marketing and initiatives such as developing content for the Historic Austin Tours iPhone app and the annual Preservation Awards program, and other administrative tasks as needed.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Provide support in developing the content for the Historic Tour iPhone app, coordinating the Preservation Awards Selection Process, and the Green Your Historic House educational event;
- Update website, Facebook page and social media
- Develop, Plan and execute events and public outreach
- Write, edit and coordinate newsletter
- Assists with development and implementation of educational and membership programs including neighborhood walking tours, educational lectures including Realtor Training and semi-annual social events, such as PA’s House Cocktail event and Waterloo Society events.
- Assist with general office administration, including some data-entry, database upkeep, light bookkeeping, filing, membership mailings preparation and fulfillment, and other duties as needed;
- Assist with preparations for Board and committee meetings, and other events.
- Writing, editing, research and organizational skills;
- Ability to develop and guide projects so that benchmarks remain on-schedule;
- Facilitate tasks for and manage volunteers;
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks preferred. Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with historic preservation practices and standards preferred or interest in historic preservation and/or architectural history;
- Event and Marketing experience
- Successful experience working on time-sensitive projects and facilitating small-group meetings.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a letter of interest describing relevant experience with a resume and three references, to email@example.com by February 16, 2015. Please put JOB APPLICATION in the e-mail subject line. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.