Posted October 17, 2014
|Offered By||Helena Business Improvement District |
225 Cruse Ave Ste B
|Name: Tracy Reich |
Title: Executive Director
The Program Coordinator will serve as staff for all Downtown Helena Inc. (DHI) programs, activities, special events and projects. The program coordinator works directly with the Downtown Helena, Inc. Board of Directors, committees and members, under the supervision of the Executive Director, to develop, budget, implement and administer comprehensive programs to benefit the businesses in Downtown Helena.
The program coordinator’s primary responsibilities are:
- Serve as the contact for DHI Membership services in the areas of renewal, recruitment, membership data management, program development and benefits.
- Coordinate and develop DHI membership materials, recruitment and retention programs.
- Work with Board and Committee members to recruit and retain members.
- Manage the Downtown Helena Gift Card program.
Promotions & Events:
- Assist the DHI Board in the planning, developing and implementing a series of special and cultural events, retail promotions, membership service and educational programs on behalf of the Downtown Helena Inc. members.
- Develop, implement and manage DHI promotions and events which may include Wedding Stroll, Spring and Fall Kids Fests, Spring and Fall Artwalks, Alive @ Five Summer Series, Helena Fashions Night Out, Little Tykes Trick or Treat, and Parade of Lights/Holiday Stroll Weekend.
- Assist the Executive Director in training and supervising seasonal event staff.
- Purchase equipment, supplies and contract services for events as needed and within approved budget.
- Assist the Executive Director with the coordination, promotion and development of downtown activities and events like the Governor’s Cup Race; Vigilante Days Parade; Farmers Market; and others.
- Assist the Executive Director with seeking and securing corporate sponsorships for downtown activities and events.
Marketing & Communications:
- Work with media and advertising representatives to develop and implement a diversified, effective and comprehensive advertising for events; assist the Executive Director with media outreach to implement news programs to strengthen and enhance downtown’s public image.
- Work with the Executive Director to write and produce Downtown Helena printed publications including a weekly e-newsletter and monthly news brief.
- As part of a team, help design and produce the content and layout of desktop publishing and website projects.
- Be the primary poster for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram during events and promotions; work with the Administrative Assistant to update the website and post routine posts to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Respond to specific requests for information and assistance by the public and other organizations.
- Work cooperatively with the Executive Director and DHI Board to develop, implement and evaluate DHI’s annual budget and create a viable work plan.
- Administer DHI program budgets.
- Work with the Executive Director and DHI Board to create, develop and design new programs or enhance existing programs to generate additional revenue.
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers.
- Coordinate and attend all DHI meetings and ensure facilitation by DHI members.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, and related activities.
- Attend and take minutes at DHI Board meetings and committee meetings
- Perform other duties at the request of the Executive Director.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills
- Effectively communicate both orally and written as well as follow and understand oral and written instructions
- Self-motivated, solution oriented individual who is resourceful, organized, and able to successfully balance multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Equally comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Complete work assignments and projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Help foster a working environment where creative thinking, group participation and proactive problem solving are encouraged on a daily basis
- Ability to effectively organize, schedule, supervise and delegate responsibilities to volunteers
- Ability to identify, analyze and adopt an effective course of action when necessary
- Establish, maintain and foster a positive and harmonious working relationship with those contacted in the course of work
- Demonstrate the ability to properly use office equipment, computer systems, and phone
- Detail oriented and commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes initiative, and is receptive to feedback
- Reliable and punctual
- Must embrace and promote a culture of individual and shared trust and accountability – internally and externally
- Must have good sense of humor and ability to work in a dynamic environment
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, marketing, business management, nonprofit management, or related field, and three to five years of related work experience or any comparable combination of work history and education is required.
- Must have a valid Montana Driver’s License.
- Experience with downtown revitalization, National Main Street structure, redevelopment, and/or membership organizations preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interest in community/economic development, downtown revitalization, and/or historic preservation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs, InDesign, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Word Press software
How to Apply
Position will close November 5, 2014. Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Program Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Review of applications will begin immediately. Helena Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer