Posted August 21, 2015
|Offered By||Downtown Elkhart, Inc. |
131 Tyler Street, Suite 2B
|Salary||commensurate with experience|
|Name: William G. Lavery |
To coordinate and supervise the Live. and Work. activities detailed in the SoMa Implementation Strategy as adopted in the DEI Work Plan, expanding the organization’s position as a catalyst for new investment in Downtown Elkhart. Responsible for coordinating neighborhood engagement, business incentive and development project activities. Also responsible for working in partnership with SoMa Project Management staff on joint marketing efforts related to event opportunities, and working with community volunteer groups.
A. Neighborhood Engagement B. Building Conditions & Neighborhood Attractiveness C. Business Incentive Program D. Residential & Commercial Development
A. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Education and training equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in business or public administration, planning or related field
- Real estate development experience
- Knowledge of commercial lending and business incentive requirements
- Knowledge of local government policies and procedures
- Vendor contract management
- Knowledge of data base management
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public Speaking
- Technology training
- Staff management
- Provide own transportation
B. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of planning and development, data base marketing, promotions expertise, and local government.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Public Speaking)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and execute projects.
- Research focused, understand constituents, and able to seek out development opportunities as well as work with developers.
- Ability to take initiative, think progressively and access needed resources.
How to Apply
More information about our organization can be obtained by visiting our website at www.downtownelkhart.org. Please submit resume electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Downtown Elkhart, Inc. at 600 South Main Street, Suite 200, Elkhart, Indiana 46516.