Member Services Assistant
Posted January 19, 2016
|Offered By||National Trust for Historic Preservation |
Marketing - Membership
Washington , District of Columbia
Under supervision of Director of Membership Development, respond to member inquiries to ensure consistent, timely, and appropriate communication with members of the National Trust. Handle fulfillment activities including sending membership materials to prospect inquiries and requests for information. Provide general office support to Membership Department when needed.
• Support the relationship members have with the National Trust by handling their account service and and assisting with stewardship functions.
• Respond to customer service requests via phone, mail, email, and database coding.
• Escalate issues appropriately as necessary.
• Process daily fulfillment of requests for membership materials
• Update member records in AS400 and Convio database systems following protocols to maintain data integrity.
• Provide administrative support within department as needed.
• Communicate with direct mail and call center vendors as needed to ensure efficient processes.
• Stay current on Trust programs, initiatives, and priorities.
• Handle occasional special projects as assigned.
• Work to support the annual goals of Member Development (expenses, incremental revenue, retention, multi-program participation).
• One or more years’ of professional level experience, particularly in a geographically dispersed non-profit. Experience in member support, customer service, direct mail or related areas required. Interest in historic preservation a plus.
• Must have a friendly and professional demeanor on the phone and in writing, with ability to speak and write clearly in English.
• Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization. Basic project-coordination skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Strong organizational skills required.
• Experience successfully interacting with key stakeholders.
• Ability to collaborate and achieve results with supervision.
• Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
• Experience helping to support outreach to and engagement of culturally diverse audiences a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with other software, including membership, donor or customer databases, a plus.
• B.A. degree (or equivalent years work experience) is desired, especially in marketing, communications, liberal arts or related field.
How to Apply
To apply, please include a cover letter in the body of a message and email your resume as a Word, PDF or Text document to 336188-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. The National Trust for Historic Preservation actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.