Program Assistant, Planning and Administration
Posted August 13, 2015
|Offered By||National Trust for Historic Preservation |
Washington , District of Columbia
Provide administrative support for key programs in the Preservation Resources department. This position will assist the Director of Administration, Grants and Affinity Programs by providing support for the planning and implementation of the National Preservation Conference, the National Trust Preservation Fund program, and certain aspects of the Forum membership program. Handle program-related administrative services such as meeting logistics, registration, application processing, and the dissemination of information. Assist in providing resources and support to members of the general public by fielding requests for information.
National Trust Preservation Funds
- Field phone calls and respond to emails that come to a general grants Inbox. The number of inquiries varies per month, but heavy volume can be anticipated leading up to grant application deadlines.
- Assist applicants and grantees in accessing the National Trust’s online grant system.
- Process requests for NTPF and other grant payments in a timely manner.
- Assist in the maintenance of electronic files for awarded NTPF grants using an online grant management system.
- Under the direction of the Associate Manager for Grants, update and create program-related materials on PreservationNation.org and in the online grant management system. This includes application forms, reporting forms, guidelines, etc.
- Assemble and organize the review materials and background for external grant review committees.
National Preservation Conference (PastForward)
- Field phone calls and respond to emails that come to a general conference Inbox. The number of inquiries varies per month, but heavy volume can be anticipated leading up to the date of the conference.
- Assist in coordinating meeting logistics, including working with caterers, hotels, transportation companies, audio-visual companies and venues to provide needed information.
- Serve as a primary liaison for external registration company regarding participant and exhibitor registration.
National Trust Preservation Leadership Forum
- Assist in formatting and sending regular communication pieces to Forum members and members of affinity groups.
- Assist in handling meeting details, logistics and materials for affinity group meetings (2-3 per year).
- Maintain mailing and outreach lists used for marketing purposes; ensure database is updated on a regular basis.
- Minimum 4 years college or equivalent educational/work experience (demonstrated interest in historic preservation preferred). Work experience/education in program administration, non-profit administration, or business administration is preferred, with experience in customer service setting a plus.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, as well as strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational skills, work management skills and attention to detail essential.
- Experience successfully interacting with key stakeholders.
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization. Basic project-organization skills. Ability achieve results with close supervision.
- Ability to carry out tasks as assigned and communicate effectively with supervisor as questions arise.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills, and to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat required. Familiarity with other software, including databases, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please include a cover letter in the body of a message and email your resume as a Word, PDF or Text document to 284741-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. The National Trust for Historic Preservation actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.