Posted March 13, 2013
|Offered By||National Trust for Historic Preservation |
1785 Massachusetts Ave, NW
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Provide research and analysis on major individual, corporate and foundation donors and prospects for priority programs and projects; Assist research team with proactive and special projects. Maintain research files and member database information.
- Conduct detailed biographical and financial research on major prospects for cultivation and solicitation, through the use of a range of electronic and print resources.
- Gather and analyze information and compile various forms of written summaries.
- Interact with Development Officers and Events staff as needed regarding research requests.
- Assist with preparation of lists for screening to develop robust prospect pools.
- Provide research as appropriate on study tours.
- May assist with specific database queries of the membership file.
- Scan select periodicals/websites for relevant information on trends, donors and prospects.
- Proactively assist with prospect identification and qualification for the Trust's diverse programs; help ensure that newly identified prospects are presented to Development Officers in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
One year prior experience working in a development research capacity strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree required; knowledge of biographic, public records, business, financial information sources and fundamentals of fundraising research; strong analytical abilities; excellent oral and written communication; ability to evaluate complex business and financial data; strong organizational and time-management skills; task orientation with minimal supervision; well developed sense of curiosity, ingenuity, and good judgment; ability to work as a team member.
Technical/computer skills accompanied by proficiency in a Windows environment with a variety of software applications (to include Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint); experience using on-line retrieval services (i.e., WealthEngine, Lexis-Nexis); efficient and effective web search techniques; facility with a CRM system; superior attention to accuracy and detail.
How to Apply
To apply, please include a cover letter in the body of a message and email your resume as a Word, PDF or Text document to 117314-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org