Posted August 15, 2014
|Offered By||National Trust for Historic Preservation |
Office of the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
Washington , District of Columbia
Serves as a friendly, welcoming and professional representative of the National Trust in person and by phone, staffing the front desk of the National Trust’s Washington Office and answering the main switchboard.
- Responsible for timely opening of the office and phones in the morning and closing of the front desk in the evening.
- Answers switchboard, fielding calls to the direct line for the Washington Office and the 800#. Transfers calls as requested, or vets and routes calls for information or assistance to appropriate staff members/ departments. Assists callers directly with general information as appropriate.
- Greets visitors to the National Trust, announcing scheduled visitors or contacting appropriate staff members to assist walk-in visitors. Greets and directs visitors attending functions in the building and assists with questions about parking, directions and other neighborhood information.
- Helps keep phone list of staff and Frequently Called Numbers up to date.
- Provides general information and assistance to staff as needed.
- Assists with various other duties as assigned, including support to departments within Finance & Administration.
- 1 or more years experience as receptionist or similar customer/visitor service role, particularly in a matrixed and geographically dispersed non-profit. Familiarity with or demonstrated interest in preservation issues preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, including ability to communicate clearly in English by phone and in person, and experience relating to and engaging culturally diverse constituents. Friendly and outgoing with a collaborative and proactive work style.
- Excellent record of attendance, timeliness and dependability required, with ability to arrive reliably by 8:30 am and work 8:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience successfully interacting with key stakeholders, with ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a moderate volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Basic to moderate proficiency with all Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required.
How to Apply
To apply, please include a cover letter in the body of a message and email your resume as a Word, PDF or Text document to 198469-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. The National Trust for Historic Preservation actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.