Staff Accountant, NTCIC
Posted April 1, 2014
|Offered By||National Trust Community Investment Corporation |
A subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation
Washington , District of Columbia
The National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) seeks a Staff Accountant to provide general accounting duties including preparing bank and general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, financial statements, processing accounts payable, expense reports, accounts receivable and wire transfers.
The Staff Accountant will also assist the Assistant Controller and Controller with audit preparations and other duties as assigned.
NTCIC is a national syndicator of federal and state historic, solar and New Markets tax credits located in Washington, DC, and is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Perform the following duties for NTCIC and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities:
- Maintain accounting in Intacct (accounting software)
- Become an Intacct expert to help complete recent implementation from QuickBooks
- Prepare monthly bank and other general ledger reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
- Process accounts payable, employee expense reports and accounts receivable, including the preparation of invoices and checks
- Maintain paper and electronic files of accounting records
Audit and Tax
- Provide accounting support to outside CPA firms in completion of audit and tax services for the organization
- At least 5 years of professional level experience, including experience in a full range of accounting responsibilities. Experience in commercial real estate and/or tax credits preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization
- Deadline oriented with willingness and flexibility to close books timely.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion. Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to collaborate well in a multicultural environment to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Interest in working for an organization that focuses on community development and financing real estate projects located in diverse urban communities a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook and Excel required. Experience using Intacct or other online accounting software required; familiarity with QuickBooks a plus.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Accounting or Business is required.
How to Apply
To apply, please include a cover letter in the body of a message and email your resume as a Word, PDF or Text document to 172787-CSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation an equal opportunity organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. The National Trust for Historic Preservation actively seeks opportunities to include members of these groups in its programs and activities.