Welcome to the Forum Library! Are you doing research on historical and contemporary preservation topics? Looking for an article on the economics of historic preservation or rural heritage development? Look no further—here in the Forum Library you can find articles from:
- Forum Journal (1987-present): Preservation’s premier quarterly scholarly publication offers in-depth articles on preservation issues and practices written by leaders in the field.
Use the search box below to look for articles from 1987-2012. | Search articles from 2013-present.
- Forum News (1995-2010): Forum News, the Preservation Leadership Forum’s bi-monthly newsletter from 1995 to 2010, features stories of national interest and case studies of success stories in preservation.
- Forum Bulletin (2011-2012): This weekly e-newsletter highlights updates to Forum Online, and brings you focused and timely articles on historic preservation. (if you're not receiving this weekly e-newsletter, send a message to email@example.com) New articles are now available on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
- Forum Focus (2012-present): This white paper series presents in-depth, timely reports and guidance on innovative preservation research and practices. Forum Focus is published periodically and is distributed via email to members. [PDF only, not searchable].
- Case Studies (2008-2011) Forum has collected case studies from around the country that exemplify the best practices of preservation. Today many new examples are told on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
You can also scroll through the articles below which are sorted by date.
|Game Change: Introduction||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Stephanie K. Meeks|
|Are There Too Many House Museums? (Update)||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Richard Moe|
|The Critical Need for a Sensitive—and Sensible—National Transportation Policy (Update)||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Constance E. Beaumont|
|Economics and Historic Preservation (Update)||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Donovan Rypkema|
|Cultural Diversity in Historic Preservation: Where We Have Been, Where We Are Going (Update)||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Toni Lee|
|Preservation Honor Awards: Celebrating 50 Years of Excellence in Preservation||February 1, 2010||Elysha Dory|
|Walmart Drops Wilderness Battlefield Site: Reflecting on a Preservation Success||February 10, 2011||Rob Nieweg|
|Rightsizing Shrinking Cities Requires Patience and Prudence||February 2010||Vol. 16, No. 6||Richard Moe|
|THIS FUND MATTERS: The Historic Preservation Fund's Role in Saving Places||February 2010||Vol. 16, No. 6||Susan West Montgomery|
|Full-Time Restoration Department Keeps The Fox Theatre Enchanting||February 2010||Vol. 16, No. 6||Molly Fortune|
|African American Historic Site Administrators Learn the “Business of Preservation”||February 22, 2010||Brent Leggs|
|Helping Local Governments Save Municipal Buildings in Wisconsin||February 25, 2011||National Trust staff|
|Transportation Bill Rolls Back Preservation Funding and Protection||February 3, 2012||National Trust Staff|
|Highlights from the National Trust’s New Disaster Preparedness, Planning & Response Landing Page||February 8, 2010||Pepper Watkins|
|Preservationists Helping to Revise LEED Green Building Rating System||February 8, 2011||Vol. 17, No. 5||Barbara A. Campagna, FAIA, LEED AP|
|Conference Session Submissions: 3 Things You Need To Know||February 9, 2012||National Trust Staff|
|New York Landmarks Conservancy Helps Building Owners Go Green||January 11, 2010||Leah Suhrstedt|
|Victory for Advocates in Guam||January 12, 2012||Brian Turner|
|When Vines Eat Buildings||January 18, 2010||Jennifer Farwell|
|The Outlook on Windows: New Threats, New Strategies||January 2010||Vol. 16, No. 5||Adrian Scott Fine|