Welcome to the Forum Library! Are you doing research on historical and contemporary preservation topics? Looking for an article on the economics of historic preservation or rural heritage development? Look no further—here in the Forum Library you can find articles from:
- Forum Journal (1987-present): Preservation’s premier quarterly scholarly publication offers in-depth articles on preservation issues and practices written by leaders in the field.
Use the search box below to look for articles from 1987-2012. | Search articles from 2013-present.
- Forum News (1995-2010): Forum News, the Preservation Leadership Forum’s bi-monthly newsletter from 1995 to 2010, features stories of national interest and case studies of success stories in preservation.
- Forum Bulletin (2011-2012): This weekly e-newsletter highlights updates to Forum Online, and brings you focused and timely articles on historic preservation. (if you're not receiving this weekly e-newsletter, send a message to email@example.com) New articles are now available on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
- Forum Focus (2012-present): This white paper series presents in-depth, timely reports and guidance on innovative preservation research and practices. Forum Focus is published periodically and is distributed via email to members. [PDF only, not searchable].
- Case Studies (2008-2011) Forum has collected case studies from around the country that exemplify the best practices of preservation. Today many new examples are told on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
You can also scroll through the articles below which are sorted by date.
|In the Midst of Recovery, Sullivan`s Island Plans Its Future: The Residents of a Historic Seaside Community near Charleston Consider Tools with Which to Safeguard Their Heritage||Fall 1990||Vol. 4, No. 3||Sarah Fick|
|How Many Historic Buildings Are There? Hurricane Hugo Underscores the Deficiencies of State Historic Resource Surveys||Fall 1990||Vol. 4, No. 3||William R. Chapman|
|Keeping the Doors to History Open: A National Trust Colloquium Investigates Methods of Maintaining Access During the Conservation of Drayton Hall||Fall 1990||Vol. 4, No. 3||Charles Edwin Chase|
|Twenty Years of Change in an Extraordinary City: A Native Daughter Reviews the Ways in Which Charleston and the Practice of Preservation There Have Grown||Fall 1990||Vol. 4, No. 3||Langdon Edmunds Oppermann|
|Disaster-Related Funding for Historic Preservation:
South Dade County in the Wake of Hurricane Andrew
|Fall 1994||Vol. 9, No. 1||Scott P. Lewis & Pierce T. Withers|
|Public-Private Partnerships for Increasing Investment||Fall 1994||Vol. 9, No. 1||DeWayne H. Anderson|
|A Blueprint for Historic Preservation: Strategic Planning and Growth Management
||Fall 1994||Vol. 9, No. 1||Sidney J. Brien|
|The Banking Crisis and Cultural Resources: The Role of RTC and FDIC in Liquidating Historic Properties||Fall 1994||Vol. 9, No. 1||Joshua J. Bloom, Introduction by Patricia Wilson|
|Economic Effects of Historic Preservation in Rhode Island||Fall 1994||Vol. 9, No. 1||Edward F. Sanderson|
|Economic Incentives for Historic Preservation in Oakland, California||Fall 1994||Vol. 9, No. 1||Carolyn Douthat|
|Scholarship, Strategy, and Activism in Preseving the Recent Past||Fall 1995||Vol. 10, No. 1||Richard Striner|
|Trends in Recognizing Places for Significance in the Recent Past||Fall 1995||Vol. 10, No. 1||Carol D. Shull & Beth L. Savage|
|Preserving the Recent Past: An Introduction||Fall 1995||Vol. 10, No. 1||H. Ward Jandl|
|Kent State, White Castles and Subdivisions: Evaluating the Recent Past||Fall 1995||Vol. 10, No. 1||W. Ray Luce|
|I Can`t See It; I Don`t Understand It; And It Doesn`t Look Old to Me||Fall 1995||Vol. 10, No. 1||Richard Longstreth|
|Organizing to Preserve Modern Architecture: The Modern Architecture Preservation League||Fall 1995||Vol. 10, No. 1||Diane Wray|
|ISTEA: A Bill for the American Community||Fall 1996||Vol. 11, No. 1||James Oberstar|
|The Future of ISTEA: The Reality Behind the Revolution||Fall 1996||Vol. 11, No. 1||Caroline Gabel|
|Scenic Byways Help Communities Map Attractive Futures||Fall 1996||Vol. 11, No. 1||Meg Maguire & Frank Vespe|
|Transportation Enhancements: Historic Preservation and Community Revitalization||Fall 1996||Vol. 11, No. 1||Dan Costello|