Welcome to the Forum Library! Are you doing research on historical and contemporary preservation topics? Looking for an article on the economics of historic preservation or rural heritage development? Look no further—here in the Forum Library you can find articles from:
- Forum Journal (1987-present): Preservation’s premier quarterly scholarly publication offers in-depth articles on preservation issues and practices written by leaders in the field.
Use the search box below to look for articles from 1987-2012. | Search articles from 2013-present.
- Forum News (1995-2010): Forum News, the Preservation Leadership Forum’s bi-monthly newsletter from 1995 to 2010, features stories of national interest and case studies of success stories in preservation.
- Forum Bulletin (2011-2012): This weekly e-newsletter highlights updates to Forum Online, and brings you focused and timely articles on historic preservation. (if you're not receiving this weekly e-newsletter, send a message to email@example.com) New articles are now available on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
- Forum Focus (2012-present): This white paper series presents in-depth, timely reports and guidance on innovative preservation research and practices. Forum Focus is published periodically and is distributed via email to members. [PDF only, not searchable].
- Case Studies (2008-2011) Forum has collected case studies from around the country that exemplify the best practices of preservation. Today many new examples are told on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
You can also scroll through the articles below which are sorted by date.
|Protecting America’s Cultural and Natural Heritage for a Second Century: The Past, Present, and Future of the Antiquities Act||Fall 2006||Vol. 21, No. 1||Various|
|The Antiquities Act||Fall 2006||Vol. 21, No. 1||Roger G. Kennedy|
|The Antiquities Act: A Century of American Archeology, Historic Preservation, and Nature Conservation||Fall 2006||Vol. 21, No. 1||David Harmon, Francis McManamon, Dwight Pitcaithley|
|Introduction: Celebrating a Year of Preservation Anniversaries||Fall 2006||Vol. 21, No. 1||Richard Moe|
|30 Years of Federal Tax Incentives for Historic Buildings||Fall 2006||Vol. 21, No. 1||Bradford J. White|
|The National Historic Preservation Act||Fall 2006||Vol. 21, No. 1||James A Glass|
|Preserving Route 66: A Federal Perspective||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||Michael Romero Taylor and Kaisa Barthuli|
|Texas Heritage Trails Program: A Regional Tourism Initiative||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||Janie Headrick|
|The Great Allegheny Passage and Its Trail Towns||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||Linda McKenna Boxx|
|Historic Trails: From the Past to the Future?||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||David J. Welch|
|Introduction: Heritage Corridors as Pathways to History||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||Brenda Barrett|
|The Trail of Tears Across Southern Illinois: Garnering State Support for a Historic Trail||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||Cheryl Jett|
|The Colorado Scenic and Historic Byways Program||Fall 2007||Vol. 22, No. 1||Sally Pearce|
|Interstate Safety Rest Areas: Enhancing the American Travel Experience||Fall 2008||Vol. 23, No. 1||Joanna Dowling|
|A Preservation Response to Global Warming: Jumping on the Bandwagon or Leading our own Parade?||Fall 2008||Vol. 23, No. 1||Anthony Veerkamp|
|Considering Archeology: What Site Stewards Should Know||Fall 2008||Vol. 23, No. 1||Scott M. Grammer|
|Contemporary Design in Historic Districts-A UK Perspective||Fall 2008||Vol. 23, No. 1||Murray G. Miller|
|The Paradores of Spain: A Sojourn to Refresh the Preservation Soul||Fall 2008||Vol. 23, No. 1||Theodore Ligibel|
|Adaptive Use of 19th-Century State Hospitals for the Insane||Fall 2009||Vol. 24 No. 1||Thomas J. Balduf|
|Adapting Historic District Guidelines for Solar and Other Green Technologies||Fall 2009||Vol. 24, No. 1||Kimberly Kooles|