Welcome to the Forum Library! Are you doing research on historical and contemporary preservation topics? Looking for an article on the economics of historic preservation or rural heritage development? Look no further—here in the Forum Library you can find articles from:
- Forum Journal (1987-present): Preservation’s premier quarterly scholarly publication offers in-depth articles on preservation issues and practices written by leaders in the field.
Use the search box below to look for articles from 1987-2012. | Search articles from 2013-present.
- Forum News (1995-2010): Forum News, the Preservation Leadership Forum’s bi-monthly newsletter from 1995 to 2010, features stories of national interest and case studies of success stories in preservation.
- Forum Bulletin (2011-2012): This weekly e-newsletter highlights updates to Forum Online, and brings you focused and timely articles on historic preservation. (if you're not receiving this weekly e-newsletter, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org) New articles are now available on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
- Forum Focus (2012-present): This white paper series presents in-depth, timely reports and guidance on innovative preservation research and practices. Forum Focus is published periodically and is distributed via email to members. [PDF only, not searchable].
- Case Studies (2008-2011) Forum has collected case studies from around the country that exemplify the best practices of preservation. Today many new examples are told on the Preservation Leadership Forum Blog.
You can also scroll through the articles below which are sorted by date.
|Adapting Historic District Guidelines for Solar and Other Green Technologies||Fall 2009||Vol. 24, No. 1||Kimberly Kooles|
|Preservation Vision: NYC-Ideas and Actions for a Robust Future||Fall 2009||Vol. 24, No. 1||Kirstin Sechler and Jon Calame|
|Integrating Materials Conservation into the Preservation Mission||Fall 2009||Vol. 24, No. 1||Diane Ney|
|Lessons from Land Conservation||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Valerie Talmage|
|Land Conservation and Historic Preservation: A Natural Partnership in the Southwest||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No.1||Andy Laurenzi|
|Make No Little Plans: Community Planning for Whole Places||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Roberta Lane|
|Introduction to "Bridging Land Conservation and Historic Preservation"||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Stephanie K. Meeks|
|Whole Place Preservation: The Ashley River Region and the Watson Hill Campaign||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Emily C. Pack|
|Our Moment to Build a Cultural Conservation Legacy||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Mary Pope M. Hutson|
|Combining Preservation and Conservation Values: Six Illustrative Examples||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Thompson M. Mayes and Ross M. Bradford|
|Collaborating to Save Whole Places||Fall 2010||Vol. 25, No. 1||Wendy Nicholas|
|“Moving Modern”: Modern Architecture as “Moveable” Heritage||Fall 2011||Vol. 26, No. 1||Mary Kay Judy|
|Preservation Heroes’ Ongoing Fight to Protect Mount Taylor||Fall 2011||Vol. 26, No. 1||Jerry Rogers|
|Protecting the Neighborhood: Historic Preservation and Community Development||Fall 2011||Vol. 26, No. 1||Trent Nichols|
|Miami Marine Stadium: Making the Case for Exceptional Significance||Fall 2011||Vol. 26, No. 1||Jorge l. Hernandez|
|Thinking About Shrinking||Fall 2011||Vol. 26, No. 1||Royce Yeater|
|Interview: How the Wilderness Battlefield Coalition Faced Down Walmart||Fall 2011||Vol. 26, No. 1||Kerri Rubman|
|The Greenest Building Is...One That Is Already Built (Update)||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Carl Elefante, FAIA|
|Economics and Historic Preservation (Update)||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Donovan Rypkema|
|Game Change: Introduction||Fall 2012||Vol. 27, No. 1||Stephanie K. Meeks|