The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- Chicago's Historic Pullman Named a National Monument!
Thanks to your support, President Obama has just designated Pullman National Monument as the newest unit of the National Park System!
- National Preservation Awards - Now Accepting Nominations
The National Preservation Awards are now accepting nominations. Nominations are due Monday, March 16, 2015.
- Mid-Century Modern Structures Symposium
The Mid-Century Modern Structures: Preservation and Materials Symposium will be held in St. Louis, Missouri from April 14 to 16, 2015.
- A Program to Promote Public Latina/o History Projects
The NEH and American Library Association have a new program to encourage program development about Latina/o history.
- Webinar from HUD's National Disaster Resilience Competition
HUD is pleased to present this pre-recorded webinar on Historic Preservation in the National Disaster Resilience Competition (NDRC).
- Bells Across the Land: A Nation Remembers Appomattox
Encourage organizations across the county to join the National Park Service in commemorating 150 years since Grant and Lee's meeting in Appomattox.
- Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest Architectural Restoration Field School
Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest announces its 2015 Architectural Restoration Field School June 1-June 13, 2015.
- Forum Members Receive Discounts at Rosenwald Schools Conference
Forum Members receive discounts at the Rosenwald Schools Conference in Durham, NC, June 17-19, 2015. Early bird registration ends March 31.
- Take the Direct Care Survey
The American Alliance of Museums is conducting an online survey to find out how museums of different disciplines use proceeds from the sale of deaccessioned collections and how they define "direct care."
- 2015 HALS Challenge
For the 6th annual HALS Challenge, you are invited you to document modernist landscapes unique to your region of the country.
- Schedule of Sessions for the 2015 National Rosenwald Schools Conference
Topics, times and talented presenters at National Rosenwald Schools Conference.
- A Rare Treasure in Northampton County, VA
A rare and almost unknown treasure in Northampton County, Virginia was purchased by the Northampton Historic Preservation Society (NHPS) in November, 2014.
- Society of Architectural Historians Annual International Conference
The 68th Annual Conference of the Society of Architectural Historians will be held April 15-19, 2015 in Chicago.
- Nominate a Section 106 Success Story
The ACHP is proud of its series presenting model Section 106 Success Stories across the country.
- Main Street Conference Materials Available Online