The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- Webinar: Why Do Old Places Matter?
Smart Growth Online is hosting an open webinar, "Why Do Old Places Matter?", based on the series of essays by Tom Mayes.
- "Old Places Matter Because..." Video Competition Submissions Due May 31
Submissions for the "Old Places Matter Because..." video competition are due Sunday, May 31.
- State Historic Tax Credits Webinar Archive Available
Preservation Leadership Forum's webinar, "Innovations in State Historic Tax Credits," is now available to be viewed as an archive.
- PastForward 2015 Website Is Up!
Bookmark the 2015 PastForward website for all your preservation conference details.
- Commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the Manhattan Project
To commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Manhattan Project, the Atomic Heritage Foundation is hosting events on Tues., June 2 and Wed., June 3, 2015.
- Main Street Conference Materials Available Online
- Secretary Jewell Releases Landscape-Scale Mitigation Strategy
Secretary Jewell will release a strategy to implement mitigation policies and practices at the Department that can more effectively encourage infrastructure development and protect critical natural and cultural resources.
- PastForward Savannah Details
Info re: Savannah 2014
- National Trust Advisor Demion Clinco Appointed to the Arizona House of Representatives
National Trust Advisor Demion Clinco Appointed to the Arizona House of Representatives
- In Memoriam: Cullen Chambers
Long-time preservation activist Cullen Chambers, executive director of the Tybee Island Historical Society, died January 20, 2014.
- Become A National Trust Distinctive Destination
Since 2005, the National Trust has offered a marketing opportunity to historic sites across the country through a program called Distinctive Destinations. This program has given over 200 sites the opportunity to join a network affiliated with the National Trust, gaining exposure to a new audience of over 750,000 supporters in exchange for offering discounted admission to our members.
- [Cities in Focus] Atlanta from the Locals
April is all about Atlanta. We’re curious to know what preservation or placemaking projects are happening in Atlanta
- Nominate America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places for 2014!
The National Trust for Historic Preservation is now accepting nominations for our 2014 list of America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places -- and we need your help.
- Historic Hotels of America Newsletter - May Issue
Historic Hotels of America Newsletter - May Issue