The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- Knight Foundation Announces New Cities Challenge
The Knight Foundation has announced a new Cities Challenge. The application process will run through November 14th.
- NEA Announces its Our Town Competition
The National Endowment for the Arts announces its Our Town Competition. Applications due December 15th.
- Forum Pop-Up in Cincinnati, Ohio
Preservation Leadership Forum popped-up in Cincinnati, Ohio last week to join the Yes on 8 Action Center in their fight to restore Union Terminal.
- Nominate a Section 106 Success Story
The ACHP is proud of its series presenting model Section 106 Success Stories across the country.
- 2015 Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence Call for Entries Announced
The 2015 Rudy Bruner Award for Excellence is now calling for entries. Applications due Tuesday, December 10th.
- New Online Resource to Help Communities Measure Sustainability Progress
The Sustainable Community Indicator Catalog is a new online resource to help communities measure progress toward their sustainability goals.
- New UCS Report Is Out
The new Union of Concerned Scientists report is published: Encroaching Tides.
- CAPP Act: Save the Historic Tax Credit
Help us protect the historic tax credit by reaching out to your representative TODAY to urge their co-sponsorship of the CAPP Act.
- PastForward Conference Hotels Booking Up
If you haven't booked your hotel for PastForward 2014, November 11-14th, you can reserve them today.
- Call for Papers: Journal of City, Culture and Architecture
The Journal of City, Culture and Architecture is now accepting papers. Submission deadline is January 5, 2015.
- HUD Launches $1 Billion National Disaster Resilience Competition
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro recently launched a $1 billion National Disaster Resilience Competition.
- Apply Now for Advocacy Scholars
The Preservation Action Foundation is offering a limited number of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students to attend an advocacy event in Washington, DC during Historic Preservation Advocacy Week.
- Announcing the Winners of the 2014 Student Paper Competition
The National Council for Preservation Education and the National Trust for Historic Preservation are pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Student Paper Competition.
- Help Make Pullman a National Park
Today, efforts are underway to designate the Pullman Historic District as a National Park so that future generations will know the uniquely American stories it tells about the role of railroads in our industrial past, the formation of the first African American labor union, and the development of our country’s first model industrial town. To do this, we need your help.
- Call for Nomiations: SHFG Powell Prize
The Society for History in the Federal Government Invites Nominations For the 2015 John Wesley Powell Prize (Historic Exhibit or Display Projects)