The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- Paige Pollard appointed new NAPC Executive Director
NAPC announces the appointment of Paige Pollard as the new Executive Director effective September 8. Paige is a former NAPC board member and owner of Commonwealth Preservation Group in Norfolk.
- Submit a session proposal for the 2015 Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference
The theme is “Beyond Blight: Building a Bold Movement.” Session proposals are due Friday, October 3, 2014.
- Calling on Skilled Craftspeople and Preservation Advisors for the HOPE Crew
HOPE Crew needs your help! We are continuing to build a database of preservation craft experts and advisors to help support future HOPE Crew projects.
- Forum Book Discount – 30% off Preservation/Politics
Order both these titles directly through Rowman & Littlefield for a 30% discount.
- Recorded: Window Preservation Webinar
We have a fantastic webinar on how to encourage ENERGY efficiency without WINDOW replacement in your community. View the recorded window webinar.
- Nominations Needed for the ACHP 106 Success Stories Series
The ACHP is proud of its increasingly diverse series presenting model Section 106 Success Stories across the country: http://www.achp.gov/sec106_successes.html.
- National Preservation Leaders Call for Full and Dedicated Funding for Land and Water Conservation Fund and Historic Preservation Fund
National Preservation Leaders Call on the White House and Congress to Provide Full and Dedicated Funding for Land and Water Conservation Fund and Historic Preservation Fund
- Capitol Hill Briefing on “Juneteenth” Recognizing the Importance of Historic Preservation in African-American Communities
Capitol Hill Briefing on “Juneteenth” Recognizing the Importance of Historic Preservation in African-American Communities
- Call for Papers: Journal of the American Planning Association
Researchers are invited to submit webstracts of potential articles to the Journal of the American Planning Association (JAPA) for inclusion in a special issue on the synergies and tensions between historic preservation and planning. This issue is planned to publish in late 2016 and will be guest edited by Jennifer Minner of Cornell University and Michael Holleran of the University of Texas at Austin.
- American Planning Association — Call for Conference Proposals
- Diversify National Treasures Campaign
- Main Street Conference Materials Available Online
- National Workshop on Large Landscape Conservation
Conservation innovation is woven through our nation’s heritage. It is today and will be for decades and centuries to come an essential element of our future.Join conservation practitioners and policy makers from across North America in Washington, DC for this two-day event, October 23-24, 2014.
- 2014 APIA Historic Preservation Forum
Asian and Pacific Islander Americans in Historic Preservation (APIAHiP) announces upcoming national forum on promoting Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) heritage in Washington, DC in September 14-16, 2014.
- SCAD Revolving Funds Project
In collaboration with SCAD: Savannah College of Art and Design, PastForward is engaging young people in exciting content development to be shared at the National Preservation Conference.