The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- In Memoriam: Richard Ford
Richard Ford of Wabash, Ind. Ford was a former chairman of the National Trust Council and longtime champion of historic preservation.
- Member Survey
4/25 member survey
- Secretary Jewell Releases Landscape-Scale Mitigation Strategy
Secretary Jewell will release a strategy to implement mitigation policies and practices at the Department that can more effectively encourage infrastructure development and protect critical natural and cultural resources.
- Asian Pacific Islander Americans in Historic Preservation's Mapping Project
Asian Pacific Islander Americans in Historic Preservation (APIAHiP) announces a new crowd-sourced project to identify places across the US that matter to diverse Asian American and Pacific Islander communities.
- “Historic Railroads of Georgia” Photography Contest
The "Historic Railroads of Georgia" photography contest seeks photos of historic buildings or structures associated with the railroad industry in Georgia.
- PastForward Savannah Details
Info re: Savannah 2014
- Don Peting to receive 2014 McMath Award
- Preservation and Rightsizing in America: Report
Report by ACHP
- Large Landscape Conservation Workshop
2014 National Workshop on Large Landscape Conservation
- Preservation Month 2014: New Age of Preservation: Embark, Inspire, Engage
May is Preservation Month! As in years past, the National Trust for Historic Preservation encourages preservation and Main Street organizations to use this month-long opportunity to showcase how they are celebrating and saving historic places year-round.
- Joseph Sax, Environmental Legal Scholar, Dies at 78
Joseph L. Sax, a legal scholar who was a pioneer in environmental law in the United States, died at his home in San Francisco on March 10.
- 2014 LOCUS Leadership Awards
The LOCUS Leadership Awards recognize real estate developers or investors who has demonstrated exemplary commitment to public leadership and development practice for walkable, sustainable development.
- The 2014 Alabama Preservation Conference
The 2014 Alabama Preservation Conference will be held on Thursday, April 24 through Saturday, April 26 in The Shoals. Join us for Preserving Alabama: Finding Your Historic Rhythm.
- 2014 Allen Noble Book Award//2014 Fred Kniffen Book Award
The Pioneer America Society: Association for the Preservation of Artifacts and Landscapes (PAS:APAL) is proud to issue a call for nominations for the 2014 Fred Kniffen Book Award, and the 2014 Allen Noble Book Award.
- 2014 HALS Challenge: Documenting Landscapes of the New Deal
The Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS) was created in 2000 to document our country's dynamic landscapes. Much progress has been made in identifying cultural landscapes but more is needed to document these designed and vernacular places.