The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- Nominate a Section 106 Success Story
The ACHP is proud of its series presenting model Section 106 Success Stories across the country.
- Webinar for Crowd-Sourced APIA Mapping Project
A webinar for the Crowd-Sourced APIA Mapping Project is scheduled for Tuesday, October 28, 2014.
- 2015 Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence Call for Entries Announced
The 2015 Rudy Bruner Award for Excellence is now calling for entries. Applications due Tuesday, December 10th.
- New Online Resource to Help Communities Measure Sustainability Progress
The Sustainable Community Indicator Catalog is a new online resource to help communities measure progress toward their sustainability goals.
- New UCS Report Is Out
The new Union of Concerned Scientists report is published: Encroaching Tides.
- Climate Action Champions Competition
On October 1, the White House announced a new Climate Action Champions competition. Applications are due October 27.
- CAPP Act: Save the Historic Tax Credit
Help us protect the historic tax credit by reaching out to your representative TODAY to urge their co-sponsorship of the CAPP Act.
- PastForward Conference Hotels Booking Up
If you haven't booked your hotel for PastForward 2014, November 11-14th, you can reserve them today.
- Call for Papers: Journal of City, Culture and Architecture
The Journal of City, Culture and Architecture is now accepting papers. Submission deadline is January 5, 2015.
- Registration Now Open for Women in Preservation Special Event
Women in Preservation Special Event: Architect Barbie: The Debate and Discussion 3 Years Later. Thursday, October 23rd. Registration now open.
- Applications Now Open for Smart Growth America Free Technical Assistance Workshops
Each year Smart Growth America offers a limited number of technical assistance workshops at no charge, and applications are now open for the 2015 season.
- Exterior Restoration and Local Law 11 Conference on Technical, Financial & Legal Issues
Conference held on Tuesday, October 28 from 8am to 1pm at the NYU Kimmel/Global Center in New York City.
- HUD Launches $1 Billion National Disaster Resilience Competition
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro recently launched a $1 billion National Disaster Resilience Competition.
- Apply Now for Advocacy Scholars
The Preservation Action Foundation is offering a limited number of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students to attend an advocacy event in Washington, DC during Historic Preservation Advocacy Week.
- Announcing the Winners of the 2014 Student Paper Competition
The National Council for Preservation Education and the National Trust for Historic Preservation are pleased to announce the winners of the 2014 Student Paper Competition.