The Forum Newsroom is your first stop for late-breaking news and announcements about grants, awards, calls for papers, fellowships, requests for proposals, and others items of interest to the Forum community.
Items are added on a regular basis, so check back often. Or, better yet, subscribe to our RSS feed and get updates automatically.
Search the Newsroom
- 2016 Rome Prize: Applications Due Nov. 1
Through a national juried competition, Rome Prizes are awarded to emerging and established artists and scholars working in various disciplines. Submissions due Nov. 1, 2015.
- "Inventing Preservation" Comes to The Museum of the City of New York
Use our discount code to get $10 tickets to an exciting preservation event at the Museum of the City of New York on Thurs., Oct. 8.
- Reimagining the Cemetery as a Museum: Lessons from IMLS Collections Stewardship Grants
Join staff from Mount Auburn and Green-Wood Cemeteries for a day focusing on new strategies for managing and interpreting outdoor collections in cemeteries and historic landscapes.
- Sarah Booth Conroy Prize for Journalism and Architectural Criticism
The Sarah Booth Conroy Prize for Journalism and Architectural Criticism rewards reportorial or critical excellence in fostering a better public understanding of architecture and urbanism in Washington DC.
- State HTC Webinar Recording Now Available
A full recording of the most recent Forum webinar, "State HTC Campaigns - Tools for Success!" is now available.
- 30th Annual Virginia Preservation Conference
Preservation Virginia is co-hosting the 30th annual Virginia Preservation Conference October 18-20, 2015, in Richmond, Virginia.
- NPS Accepting Applications for Japanese American Confinement Sites Grant Program
The National Park Service is now accepting applications for $3 million in grants to preserve and interpret U.S. confinement sites and other locations where Japanese Americans were imprisoned during WWII. Applications are due Tuesday, Nov. 10.
- FY14 Rutgers Report Released
Private investment in historic preservation is alive and well, as outlined in a series of reports on the National Park Service’s Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Program.
- Full List of Events Available for Docomomo US 2015 Tour Day
Docomomo US has announced “Explore Modern” featuring 50+ tours during the ninth-annual national Tour Day celebration.
- Call for Papers: 7th National Forum on Historic Preservation Practice
The 7th National Forum on Historic Preservation Practice: A Critical Examination of the Next 50 Years will be held March 19-20, 2016 in Baltimore, MD. Proposals should be submitted by Oct. 15, 2015.
- Submit Nominations - 2016 John Wesley Powell Prize
The Society for History in the Federal Government is now accepting nominations for the 2016 John Wesley Powell Prize. Submit nominations before Nov. 30, 2015.
- Keeping History Above Water
KEEPING HISTORY ABOVE WATER will tackle the problem of protecting the past by examining the threat from theoretical and practical positions, and from both local and global perspectives.
- Historic Hotels of America Newsletter - October Issue
Read the October issues of the Historic Hotels of America Newsletter to get exclusive employee discounts available for Forum as well.