Live Chat: School Siting and Community-Centered Schools
Seemingly simple on the surface, decisions about where to locate and how to use school facilities are actually complex. If you have questions, you’re not alone.
On Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011 folks like you posed their questions to a panel of experts in a “live chat” opportunity covering the 2011 federal school siting guidelines from EPA, model policy for achieving healthier students and communities through school facilities from Public Health Law & Policy, and recommended actions states can take to encourage preservation of older and historic schools.
- Claire Barnett, Healthy Schools Network
- Cathy Davis, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Mary Filardo, 21st Century School Fund
- Renee Kuhlman, National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Sara Zimmerman, National Policy & Legal Analysis Network to Prevent Childhood Obesity, Public Health Law & Policy
The Expanding the School Siting Conversation Series was developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. View the complete list of webinars.
For more information please contact Renee Kuhlman.