Rural Historic Sites
Among the 27 historic sites of the National Trust for Historic Preservation are several properties either located in rural areas or having a strong connection to our nation's rural heritage.
- Acoma Sky City, Acoma, New Mexico.
- Belle Grove Plantation in the Shenendoah Valley near Middletown, Virginia.
- Chesterwood Estate and Museum, Stockbridge, Massachusetts.
- Cooper-Molera Adobe, Monterey, California.
- Drayton Hall outside Charleston, South Carolina.
- Filoli, Woodside, California
- The Gaylord Building, Lockport, Illinois.
- James Madison's Montpelier, Montpelier Station, Virginia.
- Lyndhurst, Tarrytown, New York
- Oatlands, Leesburg, Virginia.
- Shadows-on-the-Teche, New Iberia, Louisiana.