11 Most Endangered Photo Permission and Rights Granted
PERMISSION AND RIGHTS GRANTED:
By submitting photographs, films, or recordings (works) to the National Trust for Historic Preservation (National Trust) you agree to the following terms, conditions, and warranties:
1. You retain the copyright to all work(s) submitted to the National Trust.
2. You agree to grant to the National Trust a perpetual, royalty-free, fully transferable, unconditional, non-exclusive, worldwide right to reproduce the work(s) an unlimited number of times in any and all media for any editorial, commercial, promotional, or trade purposes.
3. You hereby waive your right to inspect or approve any copy that is used in connection with the work(s) in any existing or subsequently developed medium, and you agree to hold harmless and indemnify the National Trust, including its affiliates and licensees, from any and all claims arising out of such use for the purposes described above, including any claims for libel and invasion of privacy.
4. You represent and warrant that:
a. you are the sole owner of, or otherwise have the authority to grant, all rights herein granted to the National Trust; and
b. work(s) submitted does not infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, violate any right of privacy, or contain libelous, scandalous, unlawful material, or contain any obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
5. If the work contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if persons appear in the work(s) and are recognizable, you agree to obtain and provide to the National Trust any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use of the work(s) by the National Trust. Photograph release forms are available upon request.
6. If any person appearing in any work is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Individual release forms are available upon request.
7. You represent that you are over the age of 18 years of age and have the full legal capacity to make these warranties and to grant permission for the use of the work(s) submitted.
Last Updated 01/18/12