From the Magazine
- Miami Romance
Saving South Florida's iconic marine stadium
- Signed. Sealed. Reimagined.
Historic post offices adapted for new use
- Sylvestor Manor
Music, history, farming, and food come together when a 350-year-old estate on Shelter Island opens to the community.
- Travel: Majestic Monterey
History, culture, and scenic wonders await along California's Central Coast.
- Outside the Box: Charting History
A new National Historic Trail retraces Captain John Smith's voyage.
- Place Setting: Cashing in on Chicago's History
Opting for a 1925 bank building over cookie cutter lounge space was a wise transaction for Chicago's The Bedford.
- Itinerary: Mobile, AL
The Alabama city by the bay puts its own special stamp on the Gulf.
- Back Story: Making History Sing
Learn how Grammy-winning superstar Gloria Estefan is committed to celebrating history and own Cuban-American heritage.
Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the current issue.
Blog Extras See All
- [Interview] Mad Men Creator Matthew Weiner on Why Don Draper is a Preservationist
- The Battle of Lake Erie: By the Numbers
- [Interview] Gloria Estefan: Singer, Entrepreneur … and Local Preservationist
- [Book Review] Farmhouse Revival and the Rural Aesthetic
- The Nantucket Lightship Song: One Teacher’s Ode to a National Treasure
Subscribe to Preservation and explore the mystery and meaning of our most beloved places through in-depth features, elegant personal essays, and vibrant photography. By doing so, you will receive all the benefits members of the National Trust for Historic Preservation enjoy. Subscribe Today »
About the Magazine
Preservation is the award-winning magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. When you subscribe, you automatically become a member of the organization and receive a copy of the magazine as one of your benefits. Check out our back issues or contact us if you have questions.
Historic Homes for Sale
For more than 35 years, Preservation magazine has been a clearinghouse for some of the most unique historic properties on the market. Check out current listings from across the country. View Listings »