From Preservation Magazine
- President's Note: More Power to the People
A letter from Stephanie Meeks, President of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, highlighting the benefits of social media and its powerful ability to connect preservationists, nationwide.
- Learning by Design: Baltimore Design School
A Baltimore machine shop-turned-school unlocks students' creative potential.
- Small-Town Renaissance: Water Valley, Mississippi
Thanks to its support for small businesses, welcoming attitude, and beautiful historic buildings, the former railroad town of Water Valley, Miss., is thriving.
- Artistic Intent: Adaptive Reuse in Vallejo, Calif.
The conversion of two historic buildings into affordable housing helps the city of Vallejo, Calif., build a new reputation as an artist-friendly place to live and work.
- Virginia Underground: Shenandoah Valley's Natural Wonders
The Shenandoah Valley's stunning mountain scenery gets most of the attention, but there's a lot going on below the surface.
- Industrial Strength: Cold Spring, N.Y.
The remains of a New York foundry become a dynamic park in Cold Spring.
- History to Bank On: Bank Buildings-Turned-Restaurants
Restaurateurs cash in on old bank buildings by serving meals worth the investment.
- Travel Itinerary: Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City, Mo., offers more than just barbecue and jazz. It's a Midwestern center of music, history, and more.
- Back Story: Down to the Wire with Sonja Sohn
Actress and community activist Sonja Sohn has taken on a new role as co-founder of ReWired for Change
Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the current issue.
Blog Extras See All
- [PHOTOS] An Artist’s Touch Revitalizes a Mississippi Main Street
- Banks Turned Restaurants: History — and Dinner — You Can Bank On
- PHOTO TOUR: Revitalization Through Adaptive Reuse in Vallejo, Calif.
- A History Lover’s Guide to the Shenandoah Valley
- Desegregation Landmark in New Orleans Again Offers Education — and Healing
Subscribe to Preservation and explore the mystery and meaning of our most beloved places through in-depth features, elegant personal essays, and vibrant photography. By doing so, you will receive all the benefits members of the National Trust for Historic Preservation enjoy. Subscribe Today »
About the Magazine
Preservation is the award-winning magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. When you subscribe, you automatically become a member of the organization and receive a copy of the magazine as one of your benefits. Check out our back issues or contact us if you have questions.
Historic Homes for Sale
For more than 35 years, Preservation magazine has been a clearinghouse for some of the most unique historic properties on the market. Check out current listings from across the country. View Listings »