From Preservation Magazine
- President's Note: Year of Hope
National Trust for Historic Preservation President Stephanie Meeks talks about the development and success of the Hands-On Preservation Experience, or HOPE Crew, one year after its launch.
- Ghost of a Chance: Animas Forks, Colorado
Learn how the residents of Silverton, Colorado, beat the odds to rescue a long-abandoned mining town called Animas Forks.
- Hot Property: A Firehouse Home in Alabama
A creative Montgomery, Alabama, couple transforms a forgotten firehouse into a welcoming home.
- Grape Expectations: Historic Wineries in Northern California Wine Country
The evolution of historic Northern California wineries traces the region’s varying fortunes.
- Beyond the Boardwalk: Greater Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
A coastal road trip reveals an unexpected side of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Outside the Box: National Trails Management Corridor
A new resource management plan protects a vast swath of historic land in west-central Wyoming.
- Place Setting: Train Depots-Turned-Restaurants
Restaurants in former train stations hold the ticket to a tasty meal.
- Travel Itinerary: Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City blends a pioneer spirit with modern-day attractions.
- Back Story: Charlie Rose's Public Interest
Emmy- and Peabody Award-winning journalist Charlie Rose talks about his passion for the built environment.
Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the current issue.
Blog Extras See All
- [PHOTOS] Discovering Atalaya: Beautiful Ruins on South Carolina’s Coast
- [Photos] Animas Forks, Colorado: A Tour of a Ghost Town
- Four More California Wineries With Rich Histories
- [Photos] Wilshire Boulevard Temple: Restoring a 1929 Landmark
- [Q&A] Trefethen Family Vineyard Prepares For Seis-able Earthquake Restoration
Subscribe to Preservation and explore the mystery and meaning of our most beloved places through in-depth features, elegant personal essays, and vibrant photography. By doing so, you will receive all the benefits members of the National Trust for Historic Preservation enjoy. Subscribe Today »
About the Magazine
Preservation is the award-winning magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. When you subscribe, you automatically become a member of the organization and receive a copy of the magazine as one of your benefits. Check out our back issues or contact us if you have questions.
Historic Homes for Sale
For more than 35 years, Preservation magazine has been a clearinghouse for some of the most unique historic properties on the market. Check out current listings from across the country. View Listings »