From Preservation Magazine
- President's Note: Back to the Future
National Trust President Stephanie Meeks reflects on National Preservation Conference and the challenges facing the preservation movement.
- It Takes a Village: The Story of Ohkay Owingeh
A Native American pueblo in New Mexico unites to save ancient dwellings.
- Twist of Fate: Stewarding the Fisher-Kahn House
Lucky chances brought together an international couple and a Louis Kahn-designed house.
- Common Ground: Metal Detectorists and Archaeologists at Montpelier
Archaeologists and metal detectorists, often at odds, come together in an innovative program at James Madison’s Montpelier.
- Island Time: The History of St. Croix
On St. Croix, sandy beaches and layers of cultural heritage buffer life’s hectic pace.
- Outside the Box: Independent Spirit at Mad River Glen
A Vermont ski area stays true to its roots.
- Place Setting: Filling Stations
Restaurants in historic gas stations and garages offer full-service flavor.
- Travel Itinerary: San Diego, Calif.
This sunny seaside city offers cultural treasures and architectural gems.
- Back Story: Trina Turk's Creative Space
Clothing designer Trina Turk reflects on her love of California’s culture, landscape, and architecture.
Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the current issue.
Blog Extras See All
- Behind the Scenes: Cannon House Office Building Renewal
- [Interview] Meet Lt. Col. (Ret.) Porter Johnson, Veteran Preservationist
- St. John and St. Thomas: A Supplemental Virgin Islands Travel Guide
- The Houses of Louis Kahn: Where Are They Now?
- The Best of Preservation Magazine’s Transitions Department: 2014
Subscribe to Preservation and explore the mystery and meaning of our most beloved places through in-depth features, elegant personal essays, and vibrant photography. By doing so, you will receive all the benefits members of the National Trust for Historic Preservation enjoy. Subscribe Today »
About the Magazine
Preservation is the award-winning magazine of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. When you subscribe, you automatically become a member of the organization and receive a copy of the magazine as one of your benefits. Check out our back issues or contact us if you have questions.
Historic Homes for Sale
For more than 35 years, Preservation magazine has been a clearinghouse for some of the most unique historic properties on the market. Check out current listings from across the country. View Listings »