Winter 2014 Table of Contents
- Reinvention Reinvented: Hope for Modernism
A new outlook on traditional preservation standards could help preserve postwar Modernism.
- Fighting for Time: Protecting Arizona's Ancient Relics
Some of Arizona's most ancient relics occupy minimally protected sites. So Arizonans are rallying to save them.
- Traditional Arrangement: Daryl Hall's Restoration Projects
Musician Daryl Hall orchestrates a historic house restoration in upstate New York.
- Head for the Hills: Travel through Texas' Hill Country
A surprising mix of German heritage, regional history, and Spanish Colonial influences await travelers in south-central Texas, also known as Hill Country.
- Lock Star: The Fight to Save Willamette Falls
The National Trust joins local preservationists to save the 141-year-old Willamette Falls Navigation Canal and Locks.
- Firehouse Kitchens: Tasty Examples of Adaptive Reuse
Hook and ladder gastronomy heats up as chefs venture beyond four-alarm chili in adapted firehouses.
- Travel Itinerary: Jackson, Wyo.
The Western mecca of Jackson, Wyo., attracts both skiers and history buffs.
- Back Story: Bob Vila on Being House Proud
Television start and home renovation expert Bob Vila talks about his lifelong dedication to historic homes.
Like what you see? Subscribe to Preservation and explore the mystery and meaning of our most beloved places through in-depth features and vibrant photography.