Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the Winter 2015 issue:
- The Owe'neh Bupingeh Preservation Project in Ohkay Owingeh, New Mexico, recieved a 2014 National Preservation Award. Read more, and watch the video above.
- David Robert Weible curates a roundup of the best articles from Preservation magazine's 2014 Transitions department.
- Lauren Walser shows how Mad River Glen ski area in Vermont stays true to its history, as seen in the restoration of its iconic single-chair lift.
- Meghan Drueding delves into what it's like to live in a Louis Kahn-designed house.
- Geoff Montes spotlights a few more restaurants around the country housed in former garages and gas stations.
- Katherine Flynn interviews Little Bighorn archaeologist Douglas Scott on how metal detectorists and archaeologists can work together.
- Lauren Walser shares the full Q&A with designer Trina Turk, the Winter issue's Back Story subject.
- Like our Oscars timeline in Past, Present, Future? Take in some more cinema history with our series on Egyptian Movie Theaters.
- Learn more about Mark Levitch's World War I Memorial Inventory project.
- Katherine Flynn takes us on a pictorial journey through St. Croix with extra photos from the feature article.