Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the Summer 2015 issue:
- Architect Gary Martinez talks about his firm's restoration of Brooklyn's Kings Theatre and why he's passionate about preserving historic theaters.
- Want to escape the heat this summer? Grab your goggles and plunge into any of these historic swimming pools.
- Photographer Ryann Ford has traveled the United States capturing images of roadside stops. See a selection here.
- Hop aboard for a ride through history on these historic zoo trains.
- Explore Bear Butte and Wind Cave, two Native American sacred sites.
- See historic Oak Alley Plantation in Vacherie, Louisiana, through the lens of many big-budget movies and TV shows.
- Watch our video on Julia Morgan's 1932 design for the Chinese Historical Society of America, located in San Francisco's Chinatown.
- Singer, songwriter, and producer Ben Folds talks about his fight to save Nashville's iconic RCA Studio A.
- Traces of the legacy of Father Jacques Marquette, French missionary and explorer, can be found all over the Upper Midwest.
- Come with us on a nautical adventure to find savory maritime meals at three more historic boathouse restaurants.
- Check out more photos of the Lombard Plantation house in New Orleans.