Looking for even more great places, stories, and interviews from Preservation? Check out these online-only extras from the Summer 2014 issue:
- Lauren Walser reports on the HOPE Crew's first completed project at Skyland Stables in Shenandoah National Park this June.
- Meghan Drueding takes us on a tour through historic Lone Fir Cemetery in Portland, Oregon.
- David Robert Weible checks out the Midcentury Modern Lewis & Clark Library in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Katherine Flynn shares three more pharmacies-turned-restaurants across the country.
- Explore historic Wintersburg, California, the Japanese-American community working to preserve its history.
- Learn more about the SS United States' storied past -- and its current threats.
- Want more examples of young people saving places? Look no further than the corps members who worked on Lake Superior Ice House.