National Main Street Awards
Great American Main Street Award (GAMSA)
Each year the National Main Street Center recognizes exceptional Main Street communities whose successes serve as a model for comprehensive, preservation-based commercial district revitalization. These award-winning communities demonstrate exemplary achievement in the process of strengthening their downtowns and commercial districts based on the following selection criteria:
- Overall strength of the Main Street program and documented success in creating an exciting place to live, work, play and visit;
- Demonstrated impact aligning with the Main Street Approach;
- Commitment to historic preservation;
- Active involvement of the public and private sector;
- Model partnerships, including inclusive engagement of community members and local stakeholders in the downtown revitalization process.
Innovation on Main Street Award
In 2015, the National Main Street Center launched the Innovation on Main Street Award. This award recognizes Main Street organizations for successful, sustainable initiatives that represent new approaches to existing downtown revitalization challenges or opportunities. Winners are recognized during the Closing Plenary at the Main Street Now Conference.