National Main Street Awards
Great American Main Street Awards
Each year the National Main Street Center recognizes exceptional Main Street communities whose successes serve as a model for comprehensive, preservation-based commercial district revitalization. These award-winning communities demonstrate exemplary achievement in the process of strengthening their downtowns and commercial districts based on the following selection criteria:
- Overall strength of the Main Street in creating an exciting place to live, work, play and visit;
- Demonstrated success of the Four-Point Approach in your community;
- Commitment to historic preservation;
- Active involvement of Public and Private sector;
- Model Partnerships–Participation of multiple groups, entities and individuals who have been involved in making Main Street a great place.
Winners are recognized each year at the National Main Streets Conference.