National Main Street Awards
Great American Main Street Awards®
Each year the National Main Street Center recognizes exceptional Main Street communities whose successes serve as a model for comprehensive, preservation-based commercial district revitalization. These award-winning communities demonstrate exemplary achievement in the process of strengthening their downtowns and commercial districts based on the following selection criteria:
- Active involvement of the public and private sectors;
- Broad-based community support for the revitalization effort;
- Quality of achievements over time;
- Innovative solutions to significant problems;
- Commitment to historic preservation;
- Evolving track record of successful commercial district revitalization;
- Comprehensive revitalization effort: activity in all four points of the Main Street Four Point Approach® to commercial district revitalization;
- Economic impact of the revitalization program; and
- Successful small business development.
Winners are recognized each year at the National Main Streets Conference.
Main Street Leadership Awards
The Main Street Leadership Awards identify and recognize key leaders, advocates, and champions in the commercial district revitalization movement. These individuals or groups show creative approaches to revitalization challenges; have made significant, lasting contributions in their communities; and have inspired actions to be duplicated in other communities.