National Main Street Awards
Great American Main Street Awards
Each year the National Main Street Center recognizes exceptional Main Street communities whose successes serve as a model for comprehensive, preservation-based commercial district revitalization. These award-winning communities demonstrate exemplary achievement in the process of strengthening their downtowns and commercial districts based on the following selection criteria:
- Overall strength of the Main Street in creating an exciting place to live, work, play and visit;
- Demonstrated success of the Four-Point Approach in your community;
- Commitment to historic preservation;
- Active involvement of Public and Private sector;
- Model Partnerships–Participation of multiple groups, entities and individuals who have been involved in making Main Street a great place.
Winners are recognized each year at the National Main Streets Conference.
Innovation on Main Street Awards
In 2015, the National Main Street Center launched the Innovation on Main Street Awards. This award recognizes Main Street organizations for successful, sustainable initiatives that represent new approaches to existing downtown revitalization challenges or opportunities. Winners are recognized during the Closing Plenary at the National Main Streets Conference.