National Main Street Awards
Great American Main Street Awards
Each year the National Main Street Center recognizes exceptional Main Street communities whose successes serve as a model for comprehensive, preservation-based commercial district revitalization. These award-winning communities demonstrate exemplary achievement in the process of strengthening their downtowns and commercial districts based on the following selection criteria:
- Overall strength of the Main Street in creating an exciting place to live, work, play and visit;
- Demonstrated success of the Four-Point Approach in your community;
- Commitment to historic preservation;
- Active involvement of Public and Private sector;
- Model Partnerships–Participation of multiple groups, entities and individuals who have been involved in making Main Street a great place.
Winners are recognized each year at the National Main Streets Conference.
Main Street Leadership Awards
The Main Street Leadership Awards identify and recognize key leaders, advocates, and champions in the commercial district revitalization movement. These individuals or groups show creative approaches to revitalization challenges; have made significant, lasting contributions in their communities; and have inspired actions to be duplicated in other communities.