Main Street America™ Designated Member Benefits
As a Main Street America™ Designated Member, your program is a recognized leader among the largest network of commercial district revitalization organizations in the world. Tap into the expertise of our large network of Main Street America Programs, BIDs, CDC's, planners, local government agencies, consultants, and others to learn, research and share useful experience with each other. This guide explains the benefits of membership and how to access these tools.
There are currently two types of Main Street America™ Designation: Affiliate and Accredited. For information on the standards and requirements for each tier, visit this page. Not sure which level is right for you? Contact your Coordinating Program, or email us at MainStreet_Membership@savingplaces.org.
Please contact us if you require any assistance with your benefits.
Your benefits include:
- Exclusive eligibity to be recognized as an Affiliate or Accredited Main Street America program;
- Exclusive eligibility to enter into Licensing Agreement with the NMSC, or your Coordinating Program, to use Main Street America™ name and logo.
- Eligibility to apply for the Great American Main Street Awards and other special programs;
- Access to Main Street Weekly, a weekly newsletter on new trends, stories from the field, and need-to-know information for those in the commercial district revitalization field;
- Discounts on conferences and trainings produced by the National Main Street Center;
- Access to our digital library of must-read revitalization publications, including full archives of the Main Street Now journal;
- Free online training opportunities;
- Access to the Main Street Listserv, a forum of commercial district revitalization practitioners;
- Volunteer management resources and a customizable handbook in the Volunteer Toolkit;
- Fundraising tips and examples to help make your fundraising efforts more effective in the Fundraising Toolkit;
- Full access to the Main Street Solution Center with sample documents, articles, reports, and more from your peers and experts in the field—all at your fingertips;
- Expand your search for the perfect candidate by posting job openings for your local program through the National Trust for Historic Preservation's online Career Center. Main Street has its own section.
- Access to unique insurance products from the National Trust Insurance Services, LLC.
- Membership with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, which includes Preservation magazine
- A voice for your issues
- And much more!
Annual Dues: $350
Membership Benefit Details
The Main Street e-newsletter, Main Street Weekly, delivers the latest news from the field directly to your inbox. Highlighting best practices and case studies as well as other helpful resources, our newsletters will quickly become one of your most valuable emails.
Main Street members can explore our digital library featuring the most popular Main Street publications in an easy, searchable format. You can also visit our archives to view years' of issues of our former quarterly journal Main Street Now. Plus - received an exclusive 25% discount from Island Press on their bestsellers.
These monthly educational opportunities from the Main Street Innovation Lab provide training from the experts on various revitalizatoin topics - right from the convenience of your desk! Best of all, these sessions are recorded and posted online so you can watch them any time.
MainStreetList, our member exclusive listserv, is the place to communicate with your peers in preservation-based commercial district revitalization. Post questions, share ideas and solutions, or celebrate successes instantly. Researching a paticular topic? Don't forget to search the MainStreetList archives. (You must already be subscribed to the MainStreetList to view the archives.)
Easy to use Toolkits of must read articles, free sample documents, and training materials—now featuring Volunteer Management and Fundraising.
Search our Solution Center for sample documents, case studies, articles, reports, and other information gathered from successful local programs and thought leaders in the field.
Expand your search for the perfect candidate by posting job openings for your local program through the National Trust’s online Career Center. Main Street has its own section, and it’s free!
The National Trust Insurance Services, LLC, (NTIS) program is specifically designed to provide the proper insurance for your organization. NTIS has relationships with more than 20 national carriers, providing the flexibility to assemble an insurance package tailored to the specific needs of a Main Street organization, a historic property owner, or a business. NTIS has designed an innovative program to offer a comprehensive insurance package that includes Directors & Officers, Special Events and Volunteer Accident.
For more information, visit www.nationaltrust-insurance.org, email NTIS at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 866.269.0944. Be sure to identify yourself as a National Main Street Network member.
When you join the National Main Street Network, you automatically become a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Benefits include:
- A subscription to the award-winning magazine, Preservation, published bi-monthly
- Access to Preservation's online archive
- Free or discounted admission to National Trust historic sites nationwide, plus a 10% discount in most National Trust historic site Museum Shops
- 10% discount on Preservation Books publications at www.preservationbooks.org
Promote your local program to a national audience. We love to showcase our members. Submit photos or stories to be used in Main Street Weekly, our social media pages, and on the Main Street website.
Locate the perfect consultant/contractor/vendor for an upcoming project by visiting our Allied Services Directory.
The National Trust for Historic Preservation owns the trademark for the phrase "Main Street" and "Main Street America" as they apply to the revitalization of traditional and historic commercial districts. The Trust allows members involved in the revitalization of these commercial districts to use the name "Main Street" to describe their programs, according to specified guidelines.
NMSC works with government agencies and national partners on issues that matter to you and that affect your commercial district. Your membership helps to support our work on changing public policy and forming strategic partnerships to bring more resources to commercial district revitalization.