Main Street Now - Winter 2014
The winter issue of Main Street Now is available! This issue is dedicated to getting you ready for the upcoming National Main Streets Conference in Detroit and providing you with information about the latest trends and strategies you can use to improve your revitalization efforts.
Here are some highlights:
Jessy Lawrence of Michigan Main Street and Colleen Layton of the Michigan Municipal League share the comeback story of Detroit and why its DIY community development approach makes it the perfect host city for the 2014 National Main Streets Conference, organizational development consultant Teresa Lynch provides an update on two positive happenings in Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn commercial district, Kristi Trevarrow of Rochester Downtown Development Authority explains how to market your Main Street, and Kathy LaPlante of the National Main Street Center shares two sample fundraising letters that will get results. We hope that you are inspired by the ideas, initiatives and innovations that are included in this jam-packed issue of Main Street Now.
This special edition is available to both members and non-members of the National Main Street Center. Please click here to open to new digital Main Street Now journal window in your internet browser. Below are some helpful tips to help you navigate through the publication:
• Click the arrow (or anywhere within the dark gray space to either side of the publication) in order to turn pages.
• You can also view the entire publication in spreads by clicking the spreads (displayed at bottom of window) that you would like to read.
• The ISSUU™ viewer also has a search function (fourth button from right) to enable searching through the publication to bring up a list of pages on which the given word/phrase appears.
• While viewing the pdf, you can easily zoom in on a page by clicking on it once, clicking again will revert it back to the normal view (or you can slide the first navigation button on the navigation bar at top of window). While zoomed in, move your mouse to adjust which part of the pdf you're reading. You can also click the SINGLE PAGE VIEWER button (third from the far right) to read the publication in single page format.
• The second button from right is a SHARE button which enables sharing in a variety of ways (embedded link, email, social media).
• The last button on the right is for full screen viewing.
In addition, you may also still download a PDF of the magazine by clicking here.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Rachel Bowdon at RBowdon@savingplaces.org or 312-939-5547 ext. 37227.
Main Street Now is a member benefit of the National Main Street Center. Learn more and join today.