2014 National Main Streets Conference
Works in Progress: Making Places, Moving Forward
Thank you to everyone for a great 2014 National Main Streets Conference! The conference offered important lessons on resilience, innovation and hard work, all of which exemplify the Main Street movement across the country and could be seen first-hand in Detroit: a city that is actively building on its cultural and heritage assets to overcome economic challenges.
We hope that all who attended were inspired and left Detroit equipped with valuable new information and tools. Please take a few minutes to complete our conference survey to help us provide an even better experience next year in Atlanta! The deadline to complete the survey is Friday, June 13.
• Several of the session presentations are now available! Sessions with presentations available are clearly marked. If a presentation of a session you attended is not online, the presenter(s) have not yet provided them.
• For a photo recap, please view the conference Flickr page.
• Relive the conference! View the video recordings of the Opening Plenary Session here and the Closing Plenary Session here.
• Enjoy Opening Plenary Keynote Speaker Donovan Rypkema's speech as much as we did? Read it here.
• Be sure to check out the mini-films of the GAMSA winning communities - Harrisonburg, Va., Milledgeville, Ga., and Woodbine, Iowa.
Conference Partners and Sponsors
Thank you to our wonderful co-host the Michigan State Housing Development Authority and to all of the conference sponsors. The conference would not have been possible without their strong support and hard work.
See you March 30 - April 2 in Atlanta, Ga., for the 2015 National Main Streets Conference!
Conference Quick Links: