PreservationNation Map Known Issues
The PreservationNation Map pulls together resources from our website, blog, Flickr, YouTube and podcasts. The data is updated hourly. We invite your feedback. Please email bugs, problems or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide as much detail as possible including the name of your web browser (Firefox 3, IE7, etc.) when explaining the problem.
- Ability to suppress content type filters for maps with only one content type.
- Map only works if data is numerical lat/long which is not default format for all external data sources (YouTube, Flickr).
- Flickr does not enable data stamping sets so they will not appear in timeline based maps.
- Function to email the map does not work.
- Restricted content will appear on a map, although login is required to clickthru to the page
- Ability to suppress the map widget title in certain uses (when blank the word “Map” appears).
- Use of a click-wheel (on a mouse) to zoom the map may cause the map to freeze.
- Map widget may not load in Chrome.
- Ability to suppress topic filter option if only one filter is being used on the map.
- When multiple tags are combined into a single filter, individual counts appear for each valid tag. Should be combined into a single number.
- Ability to suppress Flickr or other items with lat/long of “0,0”. In Flickr, items without lat/long appear in the feed at “0,0” and are mapped off the coast of West Africa.
- Currently not processing tags from YouTube and Flickr for single-topic maps.
- RSS option for the map does not work if the video content type is included.