So you joined Forum, now what?
If you are a current grantee you have already taken advantage of one of the great benefits of a Forum member of the National Trust: being eligible for grants. It is important to us that our grantees demonstrate a commitment to preservation, and joining Forum demonstrates that your organization places a priority on advancing your preservation goals.
We strongly believe that your organization will find value in your Forum membership, and access to our grant program is only one benefit of being a Forum member. Forum provides information and tools to help you build a stronger preservation organization by providing access to cutting edge information, special events and member-only resources, and discounts on conferences and training. Benefits include:
- Forum Journal, preservation’s premier scholarly publication. Recent issues have focused on Section 106, the Inland and Pacific Northwest, and on “game changers,” articles from the past 25 years that have changed the way we looked at preservation.
- Forum Bulletin, a weekly electronic communication that delivers timely announcements and feature articles with a national perspective on current issues, as well as information on funding opportunities, scholarships, award deadlines, upcoming events, and special member deals.
- Forum Online, the password-protected section of PreservationNation.org, which includes a searchable database of best practices and case studies along with other Forum members-only resources.
- Access to the Forum Reference Desk which provides preservation leaders direct, easy, and timely access to the latest and best information, referrals, and tools.
- Substantial discounts on conference and training.
All these features, and more, are in addition to the magazine, discounts, and other benefits that standard members of the National Trust receive. For more details, visit http://www.preservationnation.org/forum/joinforumnow.html.