The National Trust worked extensively with Valspar to develop an exclusive collection of historic colors documented from historic sites across the country. The resulting palette, sold exclusively at Lowe's, features over 250 historic colors. Explore our four distinctive palattes, each sourced from dozens of historic sites across the country:
Or create your own!
Valspar also supplies paint to our Historic Sites to ensure that these historic treasures are protected for a lifetime.
- In 2011, Valspar color stylists worked with National Trust experts to create architectural palettes, grouping documented historic colors by style.
- In 2008, the National Trust toured the country with Valspar to document even more colors, expanding the palette to over 250 historic colors.
- In 2006, Valspar was honored with a Restore American Hero award for their support of the National Trust as a licensing partner.
- In 2002, Valspar committed to donating free interior and exterior paint to all National Trust historic sites for the duration of the partnership.
- In 1999, Valspar and the National Trust launched the historic color palette at a press conference in New York City, unveiling 200 documented colors from historic sites across the country.
“Valspar is proud to partner with the National Trust as the only paint brand to offer this beautiful palette of timeless, historic colors. We invite you to bring America’s history to life in your own home.” - Randy Schuetz, Vice President and General Manager, Valspar