Cleveland Institute of Art McCullough Center
Cleveland Institute of Art
A former Ford Model T assembly plant built in 1913, the Cleveland Intitute of Art's new McCullough Center was designed to allow enrollment expansion and the centralization of the Institute's campus in University Circle. The McCullough Center was designed to meet Silver LEED standards and interior workstations will incorporate wood from demolished Cleveland-area homes.
TOTAL DEVELOPMENT COST:
- Federal historic tax credits
- Federal new markets tax credits
- Ohio state historic tax credits
- The project transformed a formerly vacant factory into a light-filled space for art studios, classes, and offices
- The facility will serve to anchor the revitilization of the Uptown neighborhood
- The project sought Silver LEED certification.