1. Copyright. COPYRIGHT 2013 National Trust for Historic Preservation in the United States, 1785 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20036, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Some materials on this web site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information relating to those materials. All photographs, information, materials and other content contained on this Web Site are owned by the National Trust and/or its contributors. This Web Site contains original works of authorship that are the proprietary property of the National Trust and/or its contributors, and which are protected under U.S. and International Copyright Laws. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, alter or prepare any derivative works of any material from this Web Site, including without limitation code, software, photographs and images, without the prior express written consent of the National Trust, or as stated on the material.
If permission is given to use any material, such permission to use, copy and distribute materials delivered from this web site is hereby granted under the following conditions: (1) The above copyright notice and this permission notice must appear in all copies; (2) Any use of the materials available from this web site must be for informational purposes only and in no instance for commercial purposes; (3) No materials available from this web site can be modified in any way, and (4) No graphics available from this web site can be copied or distributed, including photographs and charts.
2. Trademarks. National Trust, the National Trust, National Trust for Historic Preservation, the National Trust logo, nationaltrust.org, nthp.org, and all other names of National Trust programs and domain names referenced herein are trademarks of the National Trust. All rights reserved to the National Trust.
3. Information Warranty Disclaimer. ALL MATERIALS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE NATIONAL TRUST HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE NATIONAL TRUST DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, CONTENT, OR LEGALITY OF ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE NATIONAL TRUST BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR IN ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY USED.
4. Disclaimer of Endorsement. Any mention of a product, service, company or sole proprietor in this web site or in links to this web site shall not constitute nor be construed as an endorsement of any such product, service, company or sole proprietor by the National Trust.
5. Content Posted by Third Parties. Any party who posts information to this web site agrees not to post any material which is defamatory, obscene, or a violation of any copyright or trademark, and further agrees not to represent himself or herself as someone else. The National Trust is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or transmitted to this web site; however, any party who posts information to this web site agrees that the National Trust may take appropriate action in order to prevent the violation of the rights of National Trust or of other parties, in order to comply with any law, regulation or other governmental request, or in order to operate this web site properly or to protect itself or others. The National Trust reserves the right to modify, reject, or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to this web site that, in its sole discretion, it believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions. The use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments in such materials. The National Trust disclaims all responsibility for any defamatory, obscene, copyright or trademark infringing material posted to this web site by any third party. The National Trust retains the right to remove any member, revoke membership in any program or listserve, and/or to prohibit any person or entity from participating in any program or listserve, when necessary for the benefit of the program, in the National Trust's sole discretion.
Any party who posts information to this web site represents that it is the sole owner of all rights in materials posted by it (including all related copyrights) or that it has the absolute right to license their use as provided in this section. While the posting party will retain ownership of the copyright in the materials it posts, the posting party agrees that all of the materials it posts shall become part of a database, and that the National Trust will own the compilation copyright in that database. The posting party hereby grants the National Trust a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute its posting, any portion of such posting and any derivative works created from such posting, in print electronic and other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. The National Trust may sublicense all of its rights and licenses or assign them to third parties. Neither the National Trust nor any third party using the posting in accordance with this section will be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensation for use of the posting. The National Trust shall have no duty to attribute authorship of the posting to the posting party. The National Trust shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
6. Contests. Occasionally the National Trust conducts online contests or competitions (“contests”). Contests are void where prohibited, regulated, or where prior state or local registration is required. Where prizes of value are awarded, contest winners are solely responsible for applicable taxes. Unless expressly stated in posted contest rules, participants in contests based on online voting are limited to one vote per person. The National Trust reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether contestants have abided by the one-vote-per-person rule. Where voting is based on individual email registrations, the National Trust may disqualify or discount votes from email accounts that the National Trust determines are not fully active at the time votes are tallied. The National Trust may also disqualify or discount votes from emails using temporary or disposable email addressing (DEA) services, which may be used to hide multiple votes from individuals. Validation of any winner or winners of online contests shall be determined in the sole discretion of the National Trust.
7. Updates. The National Trust may update or make changes to the materials provided by this web site at any time without notice; however, the National Trust makes no commitment to update the information contained herein, and makes no representation nor warranty concerning the accuracy of any information.
8. Use of Content. The information and materials made available on this web site are designed to provide accurate and useful information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is made available with the understanding that the National Trust is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.