Visitor Information

400 Duncan Ave.
Natchez, Mississippi 39120

Phone: 601-442-5981
Hours: Tues-Sat. 11:00 AM-3:00 PM with last tour at 2:30 PM Open year round Closed major holidays

National Trust for Historic Preservation Member Discount: $2.00 off regular admission 10% discount in gift shop

Auburn is the first of the large antebellum homes to be built in Natchez and using architectural features for the first time in the Natchez area. Auburn was completed in 1812 by Levi Weeks, architect, for Attorney Lyman Harding who moved to Natchez from Boston, MA. He died in 1820 and the house was next occupied by the Dr. Stephen Duncan family until 1910 when the house was donated to the City of Natchez along with the contents and 210 acres. Auburn has been listed on the National Historic Registry since 1975 and is open for tours year round.