Hotel de Paris Museum
Visitor Information409 6th Street
Georgetown, Colorado 80444
National Trust for Historic Preservation Member Discount: 50% off general admission
Hotel de Paris was built in Georgetown, Colorado and operated as a boarding house, restaurant, traveling salesmen's showroom, and hotel. Frenchman Louis Dupuy established the hotel in 1875 and enlarged it to its present appearance by 1893. The region was once the most important source of silver in Colorado and briefly attracted so many residents that Georgetown was one of the most populous cities in the state. In 1903, the Burkholder family acquired the hotel. In 1954, the site was purchased by The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in the State of Colorado as a house museum.